Should we not give people nicknames?

Should nicknames for active contributers be more of a thing?

• Yes

• No

• Possibly?

Results are only viewable after voting.

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
some are not nick names per say, with age comes fish is not a nick name, I am popss because I have been raising kids for the the past 35 years between the 2 families and even more so because way back when PC games (ultima, kings quest) came out I used popss and have been in all games sense. ever quest, wow, rift. bla bla bla. Did not know I was an ex gamer did yu?
didn't have you down for a gamer! I used to be, not anymore; I am however looking forward to the kerbal space programme coming out for ps4 lol

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
I started playing with pong and Atari and never stopped, however I barely play nowdays since my wife hates it when I'm playing games. Also these last few months since my accident I can't sit at the computer very long.

To be honest i think it should just be for big contributers (like you) and not a thing for every guy with 100 posts, but i understand where you are coming from there. The mods could make it a "you take it or leave it". If you dont want it you can have it removed
I was at a forum where the Mods would change a person's username once a year. If this nickname thing was to come into fruition they do something similar.

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I started playing with pong and Atari and never stopped, however I barely play nowdays since my wife hates it when I'm playing games. Also these last few months since my accident I can't sit at the computer very long.

I was at a forum where the Mods would change a person's username once a year. If this nickname thing was to come into fruition they do something similar.
I think that system will work :)

I am hooked on Dota 2 and various other games much to the dismay of my parents that want me outside or whatever the most of the day.

Should i make a thread in the awards and nomination forum for awarding nicknames with a few notes:

-the nickname should be related to their activities on the forum or collection

-for active or notable members

-nicknames could be awarded at the discretion of staff

-people could be nominated by other members

Those are my ideas? Anything to add or comment?

Last edited:

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Hey guys and gals.

I thought it would be a cool idea to give more of the regulars (people who are active on the forum ) a nickname relating to their online contribution and habits, for example:

SumoNinja SumoNinja : Lounge potato.

Those are just some ideas. You guys have any suggestions. Also please vote
my new av would be

Reactions: Chub_by and Hendre

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member