What are you guys feeding cichlids that need veggies?

tlindsey

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2011
Ohio
I agree with everyone on feeding a good pellet, I feed nls, pellets from Ken's fish. Ordered the vegetable sticks and most of my fish love it.

ragin_cajun

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2013
South Louisiana
I used to feed veggies, and it was cool when my fish were 4-6 inches. Now, they're 10-12 inch, full grown vieja......veggies are just a huge mess in the tank. And they fight over 'em, too. They're not worth it.

I just feed pellets and call it good. NLS. I'm thinking about going to Xtreme.

Kayzee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
thanks guys, will check out what Hikari has the local fish store. Also i have some new life spectrum from when i had Discus. My Discus went crazy for Freeze Dried Blackworms with Spinach added, I think im going to order a bag of those cubes again also. Thanks again.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I fed dandelions to my Cinethichthys bocourti, pearsei and Etroplus suratensus. These species are all known to take terrestrial vegetation in nature. I also would raise hair algae in my ponds, and in winter de-shell frozen peas.
[/URL

There are even salt water species that eat leaves from tree, I found these grazing from tree limbs in Mexico.

PYRU

Probation Member
Probation Member
Apr 8, 2015
SE
I fed dandelions to my Cinethichthys bocourti, pearsei and Etroplus suratensus. These species are all known to take terrestrial vegetation in nature. I also would raise hair algae in my ponds, and in winter de-shell frozen peas.
[/URL

There are even salt water species that eat leaves from tree, I found these grazing from tree limbs in Mexico.
Very cool info

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Algae wafers are good. My syn and rainbow who are primarily veggie eaters love them.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
[/URL

Spadefish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store