MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
You will, wolves are usually not fussy at all ime

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Quick update on this guy. He has probably put on about 1-1.5in in the 2 months that I have had him, so roughly 8.5in now. Feeding him daily and doing weekly 50% water changes. He has been taking silversides regularly and ate some cod last night. He has stopped eating shrimp though.

He is finally getting comfortable in the past 2 weeks. He quickly went from not eating in front of me, to eating in front of me with lights off, to eating with lights on, and now not even waiting for me to step away from the tank. He also is starting to swim around the tank more and watch me more actively.

I will probably probably try pellets in the near future. Here is a short clip of him grabbing some food.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Hit that water pretty hard. Nice update.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Its actually impressive how much force he uses to hit his food with. This was taken one of the first times I watched him eat which is why its dark and a crap angle. For whatever reason my silversides float so ill need to make sure I buy a different brand going forward. Don't need him hurting himself on the glass canopies.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Good to hear! The settling in process is slowly but surely lol, it was like that with my curu, but over the course of about 5-6 months, now he flares at me quite often lol. And he's got a good feeding response hitting it that hard lol

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
Just wanted to do a quick update as I am coming up on 6 months with this guy. He has gone from about 7in to 9in. The 2in in 6months is about 1/4in a month. I continue to have some feeding challenges with him which is why I don't think he has put on more size.

About 1 month in he was eating daily and even in front of me (vid earlier in thread) but in the last couple months he refuses to eat in front of me and has gone on a couple hunger strikes. He just started another hunger strike and I think I know the cause. He hates the presence of the net in his tank. It has happened twice now when I needed to net food out form next to him and the result is hunger strikes. We will see how long this one lasts, it has been about a week so far.

He continues to be a somewhat picky eater. His diet is mainly silversides, but he took cod a couple times and will try it again soon. He has ignored shrimp many times and pellets.

I am hoping as he gets a bit bigger he will become less timid and come out of his shell.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store