Restoring my 92g oceanic to it's former glory.

matthewr262

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2015
Willowick. OH
Set this tank up in 2010 when my VA doctor gave it to me. Everything in it was in from my first 55g discus aquarium I set up in Wisconsin in 2004. When I joined the army in 2006 my wife took care of the 55 while I was in basic, when we were stationed at Ft. Lewis, Washington, my mother took on the responsibility. Needless to say she wasn't going to carry buckets of RO water up two floors and I lost my discus.
When I was medically discharged at the end of 2008 the 55 was still running. Kaylyn and I moved to Ohio and I picked up a 60g cube before we left Wisconsin. I brought all the media and plants in buckets along with the rocks and wood. On the way down I stopped at Aquatics Unlimited for discus.
Two years later my VA doc called and asked if I wanted his oceanic 92g. I jumped on it, took the drive up to Wisconsin and brought it back home.
It reached it's hiatus in 2013. I had 17 discus the oldest from aquatics before the move. Then the decline last year when I started my auto body shop. I lost my last discus 8 months ago. It was heart breaking watching them wither away.
Now I'm finally getting the tank back to what it used to be, with freed up funds. I will have to update as I get more discus. For now I have two new discus, the plant coming back to life and equipment repaired. Canister, lights, co2.
Definitely have updates to come.

WP_20160823_18_47_17_Pro.jpg

WP_20160823_18_48_43_Pro.jpg

WP_20160823_18_48_48_Pro.jpg

Allan01230

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 29, 2006
Michigan
Hello ther and thanks for your service old coastie myself USCG I had a tank similiar to the one you have on that desk. It looked just like my desk the tank was a 70 gallon and one day it cracked and I had one heck of a mess, just saying I would be leary of that desk as a tank stand.

matthewr262

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 21, 2015
Willowick. OH
Hello ther and thanks for your service old coastie myself USCG I had a tank similiar to the one you have on that desk. It looked just like my desk the tank was a 70 gallon and one day it cracked and I had one heck of a mess, just saying I would be leary of that desk as a tank stand.
That was a two week temporary quarantine tank. That 55 went to the basement to be my RO/DI reservoir after that. Thank you for your service as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store