12x8x8

JoeBoxer

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 9, 2012
Canada
thought i'd share this find guys, for anyone considering low maintenance carpets in their nano aquascapes. Moss on pads can be purchased cheaply, i've ordered a small amount and hopefully will be able to add pics to the forum soon.

Examples like the pic below (not mine); show just what you can do with low tech aquariums, looks like an 8 inch square cube, with moss carpet pad, anubias petite; and perhaps needle java fern at the back. View attachment 1200741

View attachment 1200742
That is awesome. I'm going to give moss a shot. Any other low maintenance plants to recommend? Not even sure what my LFS has but I'll have a look

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
thought i'd share this find guys, for anyone considering low maintenance carpets in their nano aquascapes. Moss on pads can be purchased cheaply, i've ordered a small amount and hopefully will be able to add pics to the forum soon.

Examples like the pic below (not mine); show just what you can do with low tech aquariums, looks like an 8 inch square cube, with moss carpet pad, anubias petite; and perhaps needle java fern at the back. View attachment 1200741

View attachment 1200742
If you said that tank was yours the only reason that I wouldn't believe you would be that I've already seen that picture on another website.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
That is awesome. I'm going to give moss a shot. Any other low maintenance plants to recommend? Not even sure what my LFS has but I'll have a look
Anubias and java fern species. Look for anubias sp. Nana since it has the smallest leaves

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Anubias and java fern species. Look for anubias sp. Nana since it has the smallest leaves
JoeBoxer JoeBoxer this. I'd also look for bucephalandra, anubias petite, another cracker is microsorum pteropus trident, just google image it for what can be done with it :)

If you want super tiny anubias, a new variety "pangolino" is on the market

Reactions: JoeBoxer

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Me and a friend are doing a light (not too grand) scape for our bio teacher who has a hexagon tank no bigger than 80 litres. She used to have 3 goldfish about 4" in there, they could barely move. Luckily her son took them to his pond.

We are just replacing the blue gravel with small natural gravel, some smooth rocks and seachem stability to start the filter.

Next week we are bringing some easy plants and driftwood and the teacher is getting a heater, proper light and a few guppies. Hopefully it looks better and the fish will live better :)

Lets see how this turns out

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
20160825_121142.jpg
Basic idea of it. Still need wood plants n fish
Edit that is a fake plant there

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com