Bichir Collecting Photos - Enjoy!

jaws7777

Probation Member
Probation Member
Mar 1, 2014
White house 1600 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington
These are simply amazing. Definitely want to have a poly and aro tank one day.

Maybe i can export tigerfish for all of you okes one day

Okes= guys (south africa slang)

Screw tiger fish send us polys!

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Biggest wild poly I've ever seen in pics held by fisherman! A must see. Any guesses on what it is?

View attachment 1200734
Looks congicus to me as well, and it is big, but not the biggest imo, he's holding it out, it's called the fishermen illusion I think lol, they hold it out and make it look bigger than it actually is, his fingers are a good size reference assuming he has average hand size. Still a big poly for sure though 30"+

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Looks congicus to me as well, and it is big, but not the biggest imo, he's holding it out, it's called the fishermen illusion I think lol, they hold it out and make it look bigger than it actually is, his fingers are a good size reference assuming he has average hand size. Still a big poly for sure though 30"+
Moe - Here's a domesticated Congi from an MFK member. You mentioned a fisherman illusion. Would this be considered a 'Hobbyist Illusion'? :) Still a monster fatty. Compare the body structure to the freshly wild caught.

CJSE-YQVEAAXy5B.jpg

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Moe - Here's a domesticated Congi from an MFK member. You mentioned a fisherman illusion. Would this be considered a 'Hobbyist Illusion'? :) Still a monster fatty. Compare the body structure to the freshly wild caught.

View attachment 1200799
Lol I guess it would be considered so. But I like to compare people's hands to get a better understanding of the size. I'll share some pics off of google of it. I think that was a large congi, but not the biggest is all I'm saying.
Both fish below while large, are surely not as large as perceived to be, if this can show you what I'm saying. In the second pic you can't use hands to show the size difference, but appears as though he's holding the pole and someone's holding it with a string closer to the camera. This is hoplias aimara, not known to get larger than 4' IF that, believe 3' is what's common. These fish are heavily bodied and very strong, I doubt a 4' person will pull one of that size in..
image.png image.png

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store