WC Oscar varieties

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Hi everyone, just thought I'd share some of the common WC oscars we have going on in the fish trade here in Asia. I don't see these being posted about often in the western markets. There are many different variants of these with varying colors and marks. Feel free to chime in and I have two on hold which I will post about in the coming months. :)

image.jpg

image.jpg

fishfanatic80

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2011
Long island
Interesting to see what the other fish markets get in stock. I like the speckling on the tail fin. The second one is very vibrant. Great looking fish. Does Asia get a lot of imports from South America? Or do you mainly keep native fish? Asia has some remarkable species in their own. Unfortunately it's not too easy to find beautiful fish native to North America

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Yeah the fish market in Asia is large and extensive. Just WC Oscar alone I think there's 6 variants. There are many species being imported from around the world. SA is a big one. There are some very nice asia species for sure. :)

jhook

Polypterus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2016
Bama
Love the Oscars. Good looking patterns and colors on all 3 of them. That first one looks interesting with his rounded off snout.

Kayzee

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2015
my favorites are the albino red tiger ones. Used to have one was like a pet dog.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store