he was hiding !!!!

benzjamin13

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2005
Los Angeles, CA
Nice find! I once found a Redfin Leopard Pleco that the guy sold to me for $5 becuase they didn't know they had it.

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
benzjamin13;1477568; said:
Nice find! I once found a Redfin Leopard Pleco that the guy sold to me for $5 becuase they didn't know they had it.
good for you, how big was the pleco
i am never going to forget about any pleco which is not a common pleco as i have never found any pleco other than the common plecos

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
It passed? How big?
32" the pond pump conked, by the time I could fix the damn thing, the cat was lost, back in 2013

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
~30" growth in 5 years.

Got mine at 14" half a year ago from R rmkblades in California. Surprisingly timid and the fussiest eater I've ever had. Takes whole fish but only some time at night and only in small portions, otherwise rips them apart / open and leaves them for me to observe and take out. In 6 months I have witnessed him only ONCE take food in his mouth. That should give you an idea ... Clearly an exception. Still same 14"-15", I'd say.

Love the update, bro! I so like when people follow up.

Sorry about the loss.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
~30" growth in 5 years.

Got mine at 14" half a year ago from R rmkblades in California. Surprisingly timid and the fussiest eater I've ever had. Takes whole fish but only some time at night and only in small portions, otherwise rips them apart / open and leaves them for me to observe and take out. In 6 months I have witnessed him only ONCE take food in his mouth. That should give you an idea ... Clearly an exception. Still same 14"-15", I'd say.

Sorry about the loss.
Have you tried massivore? Mine took to that well, also ate floating pellets I had left over from an aro. Maybe mine just wasn't fussy.

32" the pond pump conked, by the time I could fix the damn thing, the cat was lost, back in 2013
Was a thick 32", I thought it was closer to 2' lol looks stubby

headbanger_jib

Doomsday Device
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2007
india
~30" growth in 5 years.

Sorry about the loss.
mine was a fussy eater in the beginning, and at 1.5" there's not my options, so earthworms were a regular diet, eventually I shifted to dry shrimp, and from there it was pretty much of a dumpster.
I could've thrown rocks. It used to eat sinking or floating Pellets, even in the pond at that size.

Also was as evil as these guys are, it didn't let any bottom dweller or mid level dweller survive in the pond.

thebiggerthebetter

Senior Curator
Staff member
MFK Member
Dec 31, 2009
Naples, FL, USA
mine was a fussy eater in the beginning, and at 1.5" there's not my options, so earthworms were a regular diet, eventually I shifted to dry shrimp, and from there it was pretty much of a dumpster.
I could've thrown rocks. It used to eat sinking or floating Pellets, even in the pond at that size.

Also was as evil as these guys are, it didn't let any bottom dweller or mid level dweller survive in the pond.
Thank you. So the breaking point came at 1.5'?

Have you tried massivore? Mine took to that well, also ate floating pellets I had left over from an aro. Maybe mine just wasn't fussy.

Was a thick 32", I thought it was closer to 2' lol looks stubby
No I've not tried massivore with this guy. I guess I should. The thing is mine hides in his log ~every time I come over or pass by and doesn't come out as long as I observe or work around. I don't get it. It probably gets the fish I leave in his tank much later in the night.

Jib's guy does look very thick, I usually see them slender in the photos but most of them are side shots.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store