I came to the right place for advice on my rebuild. :)20160624_165113.jpg

Reactions: Fat Homer

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ nice!!! Look forward to seeing what you do with that tank...

And yeah, these forums are good for a a advise on almost any aquatic topic... Although that can also be very dangerous to your wallet as i have discovered over the years...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Wow. We need more updates :p it looks absolutely stunning ans definitely something i will do when i can afford this sort of stuff.

Also is there another name for those mini pikes? I would love to get some if i do a lighter aquascape later on

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
Wow. We need more updates :p it looks absolutely stunning ans definitely something i will do when i can afford this sort of stuff.

Also is there another name for those mini pikes? I would love to get some if i do a lighter aquascape later on
If im not mistaken there common name is "Wrestling Half Beak" (Dermogenys pusilla)

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
If im not mistaken there common name is "Wrestling Half Beak" (Dermogenys pusilla)
Yep found them, thanks :)

Did you keep them in there or did you take them out because they could eat the smaller fish or what?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
The tank crashed one day coz i forgot i turned the Co2 up and went out clubbing, so most fish didnt make it except the bettas...

The bettas however have also since passed away, so now the tank has been left to grow somewhat wild with a few silver flying fox and an abei puffer

Reactions: convict360

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The tank crashed one day coz i forgot i turned the Co2 up and went out clubbing, so most fish didnt make it except the bettas...

The bettas however have also since passed away, so now the tank has been left to grow somewhat wild with a few silver flying fox and an abei puffer
Oh dear. Thats not good.

Did you run the co2 without a timer?

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
I've never run a timer on my Co2, i leave it on constantly just normally keep levels lower...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I've never run a timer on my Co2, i leave it on constantly just normally keep levels lower...
Most people turn it off at night for the good of the fisb since they can suffocate with co2 not being consumed

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store