55" aimara?

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I think my biggest problem is timing on upgrading my tank. The wife is taking hardline stance on I only get a bigger tank after we move to bigger house which is 1-2 years. Right now I am feeding daily and bumping my WC to 45-50% every 4-5 days. At some point I will be forced to slow down if hes growing too fast.

I am going to slowly work on my convincing my wife. The current space of my tank supports a 8x3 foot print easily which would probably be good for a very long time, but I really just want to upgrade once and to a 10x4.

greenerinks

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Jan 6, 2014
Shanghai, China
Fish will inevitably slow down their growth of they are exceed if the maximum capacity of their confined space but if you build a bigger tank in a reasonable space of time, the fish will experience a new growth spurt after the move. I don't think the fish gets their growth stunted if they are already reaching an sub adult stage. It can be stunted if kept in a small juvenile state without adequate conditions though. An 180 for a single aimara is good for it till its at least 20+" which gives you plenty of time say 1-2 years. Just keep the fish healthy and you'll be good to go.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
Agree with green. A lot of people with larger fish say they stop growing in the smaller tank and experience another growth spurt once in a larger tank.

moe214

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Oct 13, 2014
I've seen one that big in person. I have pictures on my phone even.
Care to post when you get a chance? And when's your next shipment coming in? Hoping for some larger sized gold wolves...

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hectic thing. Don't hand feed :p

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
just a cell phone picture, but this thing is bigger round than my body., hard to tell in the picture, I'll tell my friend to get a good measurement one day

View attachment 1207008
You are saying this thing is like 55in? What size tank does your friend have this beast in. Can't me very easy moving such a monster, I guess you just use lots of tranquilzer.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store