Wy has this Peacock Bass part of forum gone so ****e ?

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Tell me guys wy you come onto the peacock bass part of this forum? its gone down hill fast on new posts and for those who do post and ask questions! well be lucky to get eney help!

is it just me guys? you don't get this problem on other parts of forums"

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, sadly the cichla game is not what it once was. You also lost a lot of the OG cichla keepers who were diehard. There are also a lot of new laws that have placed bands on the exportation of cichla out of SA. Now you have a lack of new wild species from different collection points which in return gets people bored of the hobby and brings down the interests for some. Personally, I kept only wild cichla and said I would never keep a farmie. Times have changed and I'd rather keep something instead of nothing. Also the economy plays a huge role. The rise of cost of living and amount of extra money that people have to spend on a hobby, especially an expensive one. You don't just have equipment expenses but maintenance expenses as well. (food, water, electric etc.) I can go on and on but who wants to hear complaining. With that aside, let's see how we can make this section of the forum great again. At one time this was the best area on this forum. It was like the Wild West. :) It also had the most infractions and was threatened to be deleted numerous times and for a number of reasons. Hehe I am going to put more time aside for the cichla game and this part of the forum so you will see me lurking around more. I will try to answer any question you or anyone else may have.

dat_tiger

Piranha
MFK Member
Jul 15, 2008
boston
Tell me guys wy you come onto the peacock bass part of this forum? its gone down hill fast on new posts and for those who do post and ask questions! well be lucky to get eney help!

is it just me guys? you don't get this problem on other parts of forums"
Other parts of the forum has gone down hill as well not just the cichla forum.

Reactions: FishNCash

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Yeah, sadly the cichla game is not what it once was. You also lost a lot of the OG cichla keepers who were diehard. There are also a lot of new laws that have placed bands on the exportation of cichla out of SA. Now you have a lack of new wild species from different collection points which in return gets people bored of the hobby and brings down the interests for some. Personally, I kept only wild cichla and said I would never keep a farmie. Times have changed and I'd rather keep something instead of nothing. Also the economy plays a huge role. The rise of cost of living and amount of extra money that people have to spend on a hobby, especially an expensive one. You don't just have equipment expenses but maintenance expenses as well. (food, water, electric etc.) I can go on and on but who wants to hear complaining. With that aside, let's see how we can make this section of the forum great again. At one time this was the best area on this forum. It was like the Wild West. :) It also had the most infractions and was threatened to be deleted numerous times and for a number of reasons. Hehe I am going to put more time aside for the cichla game and this part of the forum so you will see me lurking around more. I will try to answer any question you or anyone else may have.
Good to see ya around these parts Pete!
Too many girldogs and too little wild cichla these days.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
One of the OG's has spoken,good to see you posting I have learned a lot from you guys.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Girldogs.....haven't seen that word posted in quite a while.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store