Seachem prime dosage

Geraldaw

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
Singapore
Hello there. Am i supposed to dose for the new water volume or just the aged water volume when changing water? And how long do i need to wait for the anti chlorine to take effect before refilling using tap water? Thanks in advance

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Hello there. Am i supposed to dose for the new water volume or just the aged water volume when changing water? And how long do i need to wait for the anti chlorine to take effect before refilling using tap water? Thanks in advance
U use enough prime for the water u replace.....

For example if you have a 100 gallon tank runing and u drain 60 gallons for a water change u would only need to dose for 60 gallons.

I usually drain add prime then refill .....one after the other no wait time......

Geraldaw

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
Singapore

For example if you have a 100 gallon tank runing and u drain 60 gallons for a water change u would only need to dose for 60 gallons.

I usually drain add prime then refill .....one after the other no wait time......
Hi bro. Thanks for the reply. I got a 40 gallon tank. So i just need to dose for the 30% water that i have refill? Before i refill i will pour prime first right?

SandNukka15

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2010
Towanda PA
Hi bro. Thanks for the reply. I got a 40 gallon tank. So i just need to dose for the 30% water that i have refill? Before i refill i will pour prime first right?
If you have a 40 gallon tank and u do a 30% water change u only need to dose for that 30 % u replaced not all 40 gallons........yes drain, prime, refill.....

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz

I thought the only time u could dose for just the water replaced was when u dose the new water in the bucket. If u fill up the tank using a hose, ur suppose to dose the whole. Im pretty sure thats what the back of the bottle says. Have I been doing it wrong?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store