Shooting within earshot of my house!

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
Holy crap! This thread is going to make me even more paranoid than I already am.. :/
Hello; I somehow had thought of you as an optimist. I am a pessimist and somewhat paranoid which seems to fit. A line from a Sci-Fi book comes to mind (do not recall which one) Paraphrased - you have to kill a pessimist, while an optimist will take themselves out.

Fear and a proper amount of paranoia are survival aids.

Illegal weapons will always find a way in, no matter where in the world you live unfortunately.
hello; This has proven to be true so far in areas where guns are restricted. This genie is out of the bottle.

On a side note the village my uncle was from in Yemen got bombed by ISIS and turned everything to rubble including five of his cousins and grandparents.
hello; I hear you but have no useful comment.

people think the problem is guns, the problem is evil people, guns simply make it easier for them.
hello; Yes.

gun and pitbulls

they need to make both illegal
hello; now you have done it. I tend to agree with you on the pittbulls as they are self directed beings (meaning they can make up their own mind to attack) and the mauling statistics are grim for the type. Guns on the other hand are tools with no capacity to act on their own. A gun will never decide to get up and eat a child.

Guns are useful but not everyone needs one or has to carry one
hello; I feel it should not be a question of need.

well, take the gun away and no one's dead
hello; What about the big white truck in France a while back? Take away the truck (insert the name of the tool used) and no one's dead.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
It is very much a question of need. In south africa we need firearms for protection (farm murder rates are massive), pest control and putting down animals. Most of the time an urban dweller needs little more than a handgun, and maybe a shotgun for self defense of the house.

SumoNinja

Polypterus
MFK Member
Jun 9, 2007
I'm Where I'm At
Hello; I somehow had thought of you as an optimist. I am a pessimist and somewhat paranoid which seems to fit. A line from a Sci-Fi book comes to mind (do not recall which one) Paraphrased - you have to kill a pessimist, while an optimist will take themselves out.

Fear and a proper amount of paranoia are survival aids.

hello; This has proven to be true so far in areas where guns are restricted. This genie is out of the bottle.

hello; I hear you but have no useful comment.

hello; Yes.

hello; now you have done it. I tend to agree with you on the pittbulls as they are self directed beings (meaning they can make up their own mind to attack) and the mauling statistics are grim for the type. Guns on the other hand are tools with no capacity to act on their own. A gun will never decide to get up and eat a child.

hello; I feel it should not be a question of need.

hello; What about the big white truck in France a while back? Take away the truck (insert the name of the tool used) and no one's dead.
you agree about the pits but not the guns?

wow, that's kind of a surprise

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
It is very much a question of need. In south africa we need firearms for protection (farm murder rates are massive), pest control and putting down animals. Most of the time an urban dweller needs little more than a handgun, and maybe a shotgun for self defense of the house.
hello; let me be more concise. Perhaps I should have said that gun access should not be only a question of need. I was thinking that some argue against us having guns because in their opinion they do not see a need. I hope to be able to have them regardless of a considered need.

Some of us do have genuine need for a gun and that is more than sufficient in my view for them to be available. Sorry for the too short comment earlier.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
We have a lot of shootings in this neighborhood about every other month, it's usually addicts. I would have a firearm but there is a convict in the house so I must stick to knives, there r also a trio of machine gun wielding fools who would gladly kill off the family, but I think they r afraid of me

Aaroncboo1

Candiru
MFK Member
Nov 12, 2012
Lockport IL
I think me being 6ft 5 and pushing 400 pounds would be a deterrent. Also thought it would be funny and maybe effective to learn a little German and run around the house naked screaming some German may scare just about everything out of my house.... Lol including the cats and dogs.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I think me being 6ft 5 and pushing 400 pounds would be a deterrent. Also thought it would be funny and maybe effective to learn a little German and run around the house naked screaming some German may scare just about everything out of my house.... Lol including the cats and dogs.
LOL

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
That would most likely work Aaron especially if u keep a teddy bear in one hand and a machete in the other

skjl47

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
May 16, 2011
Tennessee
I would have a firearm but there is a convict in the house so I must stick to knives,
Hello; This is interesting. I knew that felons were restricted with regard to guns but it had not occurred to me that the restriction might apply to everyone in a house. I will think on this a bit more.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Hello; This is interesting. I knew that felons were restricted with regard to guns but it had not occurred to me that the restriction might apply to everyone in a house. I will think on this a bit more.
Well if they live together then the gun is likely accessible to everyone

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store