Need help locating arowana belly

Geraldaw

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
Singapore
Hello guys. I really hope that someone can help me on this. How do i know if it is full or not? Do you know where is the belly? And is this Ocean free new water guard by Qianhu good? Or is prime better in any way? Thanks alot guys!

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
If you want to know the limit of your aro then feed it until its stop eating and take notice its belly, then next meal just feed it 3/4 of the full amount from last time. I'm not sure about that new product, I just use Prime cause its out for many years and 1 bottle of prime use for 5000 gallons.

Reactions: DN328

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
+1. Although you'll want to check for max as they will consume more as they quickly grow. I wouldn't worry too much about under feeding and follow the general rule of thumb based on aro size. There are some good stickys in the Aro forum. Keep in mind that it's guidance and not absolute.

Geraldaw

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
Singapore
If you want to know the limit of your aro then feed it until its stop eating and take notice its belly, then next meal just feed it 3/4 of the full amount from last time. I'm not sure about that new product, I just use Prime cause its out for many years and 1 bottle of prime use for 5000 gallons.
What if the fish continue to eat?

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
After eating, you can notice the hump at behind portion of the pectorial fin (the large fins at front-bottom).

Usually happen with my Asian Aro, he clearly shows his disinterest in food after his tummy full, and sometimes even after eating, he spits out some portion after a couple of hours also.

Nowadays I can understand the approx quantity he is going to eat by his behavior towards me while feeding, and I feed him that much only, I think slowly we start to get to know each other better. Still spitting of food takes place randomly.

Regarding the other question, I think you will see enough experience shared reg Prime so no doubt about it. After trying a couple of OF products from Quianhu, I start to believe that they make these products specific for different fish, based on research and their experience in the industry. Now they are a bit expensive, for the brand they are established. However I don't have first hand experience of either Prime or Water guard, haven't used them.

Last edited:

Geraldaw

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2016
Singapore
After eating, you can notice the hump at behind portion of the pectorial fin (the large fins at front-bottom).

Usually happen with my Asian Aro, he clearly shows his disinterest in food after his tummy full, and sometimes even after eating, he spits out some portion after a couple of hours also.

Nowadays I can understand the approx quantity he is going to eat by his behavior towards me while feeding, and I feed him that much only, I think slowly we start to get to know each other better. Still spitting of food takes place randomly.

Regarding the other question, I think you will see enough experience shared reg Prime so no doubt about it. After trying a couple of OF products from Quianhu, I start to believe that they make these products specific for different fish, based on research and their experience in the industry. Now they are a bit expensive, for the brand they are established. However I don't have first hand experience of either Prime or Water guard, haven't used them.
Oh okay. So i am just afraid they will full to death only.

narayanang76

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 1, 2016
Bangalore, India
I don't think so you need to be that afraid of feeding and I am not saying it wont happen, but haven't heard that much - fish death due to over eating :)

On the other side, water contamination can happen due to over feeding, and can cause fish death, so its good to be watchful and feed just as enough, or may be lesser.

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
Hello guys. I really hope that someone can help me on this. How do i know if it is full or not? Do you know where is the belly? And is this Ocean free new water guard by Qianhu good? Or is prime better in any way? Thanks alot guys!
just like everyone said, arowana wont overfeed. my aro will spit out food or lose interest at eating

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store