Wy has this Peacock Bass part of forum gone so ****e ?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
My more recent pic of it. I sold all my WC Kels and even all the rio araguaia/Tocantins. When you stocking up again?

View attachment 1201319
Damm what made you sell them off?

The intermedia is nice. Maybe I'll grab a few. Was yours bought as wild from discus origin or captive bred from Rapps or monster? What do you think of their colors?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I think I might have to scoop up a few Interms. At $50 bucks a pop, SHEESH!!!!! That would be the cheapest bass I've bought....... Well, besides mono's and second hand bass. :/

OR,.................I might do a 300gal wide tank with fancy gold fish, who knows.
Do it! It can't hurt. We should all grab a few around the same size, grow them out in a grow out thread and compare them.

Wtf are smoken talked about a fancy feeder tank!?

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Is there much difference in colour from WC and Farmies or F1 F2 ? is that wy not so much of you long term Bass guys" don't keep cichla as much these days!! stock not much good!
I find wild bass to look better due to lack of inbreeding. Their shape, fins and colorations but hey to each there own. Some people don't care where their are from.

Reactions: isde02

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
I got my first Cichla back around 1960, when it was thought they were all only one species.
Had them again in the 80s, but realized my tank was too small. A friend had these.

Now they are found in a like just down the road, and are a favorite in fish fries for dinner.

Reactions: JONNY CICHLA

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Damm what made you sell them off?

The intermedia is nice. Maybe I'll grab a few. Was yours bought as wild from discus origin or captive bred from Rapps or monster? What do you think of their colors?
I couldn't find a female anywhere around their size. I had all males. Plus a lot of smaller Wild Kels came around and decide to start all over to try and get a pair but ended up having mostly males again and decided to sell off. I bought mine from a LFS in Ny. They weren't sure of its origins or what it was other than peacock bass. But they had a bigger one that had amazing color with nice bold bars and super red eyes... You get green with these guys without the mean like Orinos.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I couldn't find a female anywhere around their size. I had all males. Plus a lot of smaller Wild Kels came around and decide to start all over to try and get a pair but ended up having mostly males again and decided to sell off. I bought mine from a LFS in Ny. They weren't sure of its origins or what it was other than peacock bass. But they had a bigger one that had amazing color with nice bold bars and super red eyes... You get green with these guys without the mean like Orinos.
Yeah. That São Paulo turned out to be a stunner. I think with kels I read it's 10:1 male to female ration.

Which shop in NY. Shoot me a text or pm if you don't want to disclose. I have the same number. I'm thinking about grabbing a few.

kendragon

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 23, 2009
Agreed. We have a decent discussion going here. Let's see if we can entice a few others to chime in or maybe rejoining the game. I can't speak for anyone else but it's literally vertically impossible for me to stay away from keeping these fish. Beside how ferocious they eat and how big they get, they morph constantly and the mystery of how they are going to turn out?! What more can you ask for.
I'm watching you Pete. Let's get it going. Was all your fault for offering to ship your trevally to me. Now look what happened.......no more cichla.

Reactions: bOOsteN aUdI

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
I'm watching you Pete. Let's get it going. Was all your fault for offering to ship your trevally to me. Now look what happened.......no more cichla.
Another OG! Nice trevally tank you have going. I was spying on you in your trevally thread. I'm surprised you are keeping them in brackish water. I kept mine in full fresh and didn't have any issues. Drip those guys back over to freshwater and throw a few bass in there. Nice to see your still around Ken.

Reactions: gangster

FunWow!

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jul 30, 2008
Rhode Island
Yeah. That São Paulo turned out to be a stunner. I think with kels I read it's 10:1 male to female ration.

Which shop in NY. Shoot me a text or pm if you don't want to disclose. I have the same number. I'm thinking about grabbing a few.
If your looking for small to group up I'd get from rapps or monsters aquarium... They had small 3inchers. The São Paulo turned out to have smokin colors. Too bad they got sold all over the states so who knows who has them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store