Not sure were to post at. So ill do it here

John Tindall

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2016
Buckeye lake ohio
I can move this the SA/CA cichlids if you like? That way it's in the right section when you have a lone dovii lol
Sure if you would like i just have hybrids an West Africa CA an SA on my list so i wasn't sure. An yes one dovii. Im thinking he will be boss

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Sure if you would like i just have hybrids an West Africa CA an SA on my list so i wasn't sure. An yes one dovii. Im thinking he will be boss
I was only joking. In my experience anything in a tank with dovii and ends up a tank with a single dovii, hence the joke. The only tank mates my old dovii would allow was sand. That dude was insane

John Tindall

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Mar 31, 2016
Buckeye lake ohio
I was only joking. In my experience anything in a tank with dovii and ends up a tank with a single dovii, hence the joke. The only tank mates my old dovii would
allow was sand. That dude was
insane
Yea lol dovii are mean
There all so small im hoping for the best.
That maybe them be raised together might make the difference

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Yea lol dovii are mean!
That maybe them be raised together might make the difference
A lot of us already went that route too :p still ended up single Dovii hehehe! If they all survived when they are around 6~10 inches then you might have a change, good luck! :) There's always hope but very slim hehehe.

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Lol its a good size tank so we will see
well... I hate to break it to you but that probably will not work. I have a 340 gallon and had to put my 6 inch dovii in there temporarily for a few days with my 16 inch datnoid and 15 inch Red tail Giant gourami and several others and he ripped them all up. I have had a buttikoferi before with several other cichlids back when i first got into the hobby 8-9 ish years ago in a 180 gallon and it was far from working out.....Now that I have had several tanks over 400 gallons and many over 300 gallons and played around with several combinations in the past I wont be making that mistake again. I wish you all good luck....you will learn like the rest of us have. although you could get very lucky and have all females or the very uncommon very timid personality of every fish you have suggested. good luck!

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
This is why i never got into cichlids. Nasty buggers

Good luck with the dovii

Reactions: Frank Castle

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
Ive see

Ive see videos of set up wear everything. Is working out. Lol but we will have to wait and see. Could be all good. Or a catastrophe
I have seen lots of video with similar combinations ask the owner a year on if he still has his fish, the answer is always No. Black nastys will try and kill every thing in the tank if they can't they get stressed and die of bloat, your going to end up with a solo dovii if it's male

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store