few pics of the kelberi for you guys

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
these are the kels I got as Bahia Gold" turns out iv got 4 females and no males! would like to try and breed these but getting a nice male is hard from where im from!

these are right head bangers and never stop dashing round pecking and each other! So much that my other pair of bigger Orinocensis are a little timid and just keep out the way under big piece of wood for spells"

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Wow those are bright. You can't really beat the colors of a Bahia, great spangling and extremely yellow. Ir looks as if they all have tubes hanging out. I'm surprised that you can't find a males since most kels are usually male.

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Wow those are bright. You can't really beat the colors of a Bahia, great spangling and extremely yellow. Ir looks as if they all have tubes hanging out. I'm surprised that you can't find a males since most kels are usually male.
Thanks buddy" yes there tubes are always out and they clean the big piece of slate! Is that wy these are little mad and dash round tank and peck at bigger Orino! because wonting to breed? Yes its hard to get good male kels! iv saw few but not that colourful"

these are 10-14 inch in size mate

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
What do you do with the fry from the pair you have now?

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
What do you do with the fry from the pair you have now?
iv only got about 8 fry at 1-2 inch (from colourful orino) I only saved around 50 out main tank!
They got very low servive rate! they are super small fry for such big cichlids" And found that they start feeding ok" then for no reason! they stop feeding!! Also found the faster growing fry would attack the tails of smaller orino fry!

but these are doing good!

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
iv only got about 8 fry at 1-2 inch (from colourful orino) I only saved around 50 out main tank!
They got very low servive rate! they are super small fry for such big cichlids" And found that they start feeding ok" then for no reason! they stop feeding!! Also found the faster growing fry would attack the tails of smaller orino fry!

but these are doing good!
Yeah I hear raising fry is very time consuming and a bit of work. High temps and newly hatch brine shrimp 4 times a day is the way to success.

gangster

Arapaima
MFK Member
Apr 17, 2008
mountains
Great looking bahia!
Im sure you can have a nice one imported for the right price.

JONNY CICHLA

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 7, 2008
England""
Yeah I hear raising fry is very time consuming and a bit of work. High temps and newly hatch brine shrimp 4 times a day is the way to success.
yes buddy my fry tanks 30 c and got my baby brime hatching every 24 hours" eaven treated tank with flukes as lot of young discus and other cichlids die from stomac/gill flukes from side of tanks! did water changes every other day!

problem is know! the fry are to big for baby brine! they wont eat dead frozen or pellets/flake"

im having to buy bags of adult brime every other day"

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store