my find of the month

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
my second hand store find
I need to stay out of the second hand stores....i bought 4(four) 65g tanks for 10 bucks each..now what do i do..well lets see 1st off i "upgraded" my kids goldfish tank...and with the stuff i had in the closet i have 90% of the stuff i need to set these "left over tanks" up as salty tanks.....like i need another tank(wifes words) but honestly this will be my limit on tanks because i am out of room to say the least...any more tanks and i will have to buy a new house and thats out of the budget to say the least...now i gotta buy more equipment...figure out what to stock with and ENJOY my additional wet pets.

tanks on hand(not counting sump tanks)
210g fowlr
90g reef (in the works)
55g fresh water
65g fresh water
65g goldfish
65g fresh water planted
45g tall fresh water
20g aquatic frogs
(3) "new" 65g tanks to set up

deeda

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Mar 26, 2008
Medina, Ohio
Congrats on the new tank pick ups for a great price, the local thrift stores near me sell a 10G with incandescent hood for $40!

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Great deal!

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
Congrats on the new tank pick ups for a great price, the local thrift stores near me sell a 10G with incandescent hood for $40!
they also had 2 others..one had a broken frame support and i didnt have a place or a storage place to put the other..they also had about (8) 30g for 10 each and about 20 twenty gallons for 5 each.. (also the wife was with me and also questioning me on where i was gonna put the 4 i bought..lol)

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
of course that was tank only...no stands, tops or lights...but i had the materials to build stands, had LED lights in closet along with filters powerheads pumps ect... and glass is readily available at the local hardware store for a very reasonable price..glass topped all 4 tanks for under 30 bucks...so for about 17.50 each tank out of pocket expense and use of items in closet i got 4 new set ups...

agreeive?fish

Gambusia
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2007
oklahoma
Great find, insane water volume to handle lol; props, I couldn't do it!
actually i have/will set up like my salty set ups with sumps...water changes will be easy as pie...un plug sump return pump..drain sump via submersible pump/hose...use wet/dry vac to clean sump change filter floss(wash used filter floss in fish usage washer thats never seen soap)..add new water to sump..plug in return pump next day..water change done...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store