Bichir only tanks

BillyCross

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
I dont have a dabola, lolz, that pic wasnt mine,
But even for big polys they dont need tall tank, 24" ill be fine, polys need more floor room than height.
Oh, lol. Must have been dmd's dabola. The back n forth gets confusing sometimes. Lol
Thanks, im drawing up plans for the big tank build and now would be the best time to settle that question :)
I think all the biggies will enjoy it... 78"x48x24 internal measurements. Can u tell ive stretched for as much floor footage as my space allows. Stupid low windows here prevent me from going any larger, but i think it will work.

Reactions: Polyaddict86

BillyCross

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Not SP. Dabola, but he has "Dabola endli" (Tinkisso river)

24" tank deep enough, once you get past that it can get difficult to reach in to clean. Mine is a 30" deep and total pain to get in there.
Oh, ok. So much to process on the types. Got caught up reading about these Laps and all these types caught where... head was spinning after all that :p. Figured ill limit my outstretching of info until im ready to start getting into all that.

DMD123

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 23, 2009
Lakewood, WA
lol, yeah head full trying to keep up. I have the 'Dabola endli' (Tinkisso river) also not the sp. dabola. In a nutshell the sp. Dabola is believed to be a natural hybrid of lap and endli. They will also breed these and they are called 'lapen' (lap x endli)

Reactions: BillyCross

BillyCross

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
A guy had a pic of his lapen (dont remember where i was reading it) he had his fist beside its head for comparison. My thought was 'good thing big macs are on the dollar menu buddy, ur gonna go broke feeding a mouth that big' haha. Yes, i will agree it gets very involved. Seems like alot of fun when you can get into that stage of the game.

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Endlis are endlis, just the catch location. The only different endli that i can say(its not the same) is endli volta. But any endli that is cought in guinea country to me are all the same, maybe a slight difference but its hard to tell. The difference are just the catch location and how they are labeled for marketing, but if you wanna collect them all, why not(like me who like to have all catch locatio) lolz. Lapradei varient im still confused.:p

Reactions: BillyCross

BillyCross

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
Endlis are endlis, just the catch location. The only different endli that i can say(its not the same) is endli volta. But any endli that is cought in guinea country to me are all the same, maybe a slight difference but its hard to tell. The difference are just the catch location and how they are labeled for marketing, but if you wanna collect them all, why not(like me who like to have all catch locatio) lolz. Lapradei varient im still confused.:p
Soooo... bichirs are like pokemon for aquarists huh? Lol.
The endli volta, thats the one they call the red saddle right?

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Colors on bichirs it really depends on your substrate, for me i tried 3 different colors, i went with white, black and now red. With bichirs for me red is the best substrate for them cause it shows more contrast on their color, but some dont like it cause its to bright so some will mix it with other different color.

BillyCross

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2016
I like sand over rock, but im scepticle of colored sand in a tank. I like that imperial red substrate myself. Do u know if the colored sand is ok?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store