Orange Breasted Sunnies

Bob47

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 17, 2015
I am starting up an 75G Orange Breasted Sunfish tank. It will have Minnesota native Sunnies. The filtration will be two Eheim Canister filters. Small gravel or possibly sand as a substrate and some branches that I have used before in Discus and Angel Fish tanks. The shop where I getting the fish will be getting them in from the State next week.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I am starting up an 75G Orange Breasted Sunfish tank. It will have Minnesota native Sunnies. The filtration will be two Eheim Canister filters. Small gravel or possibly sand as a substrate and some branches that I have used before in Discus and Angel Fish tanks. The shop where I getting the fish will be getting them in from the State next week.
ok.

So what's the question? LOL

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I believe it would be a thread about starting the tank there champ lol.

OP, post some pics when you have the tank up.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Do you think the Eheim Filters would be the best filtration or should I try something different?
Most people that give opinions on the eheims is that they are top of the line, best of all cansiters. I like my National Geographic/API, but I also liked my Fluval canisters too. At the shop I worked at we always had Eheims running on the turtle tanks, I assume because they were high-powered and turtles are super-dirty

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
IDK if this is helpful at all, but I like Wikipedia for a general knowledge of almost anything.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redbreast_sunfish

They are probably my favorite sunfish as far as coloration goes along w/ the Pumpkinseed and Longear. Got a nice sized one yesterday (maybe 9") when I was fishing for bite-sized sunfish for bait. It had a really nice color to it that popped even after the sun was going down and I still had shades on.

I ended up throwing it back after I managed to fill my bucket w/ 3-5" Greens and Bluegills - ihad no need for it so I let it go. I still have a little guy in my bait tank, probably 3-4" or so.....kinda thinking about saving him for a native species tank, TBH.....I just love their colors

MN_Rebel

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 5, 2008
North Pole
Do you meant Orange SPOTTED sunfish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store