Wy has this Peacock Bass part of forum gone so ****e ?

isde02

Arapaima
MFK Member
Jan 4, 2011
Ohio
Oh wow. They are turning out to be stunners. You still have them?
The smaller one was my late bloomer but he had potential, the bigger one was a stunner he spangled up even more than that before I sold him. He was one of my favorites and I really didn't want to sell him but I did thinking that I would be able to get another.

Reactions: heatherbeast

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
The smaller one was my late bloomer but he had potential, the bigger one was a stunner he spangled up even more than that before I sold him. He was one of my favorites and I really didn't want to sell him but I did thinking that I would be able to get another.
Ahh hopefully at sometime they will enter the hobby again. I wouldn't mind getting my hands on a few.

CichlaRyan

Piranha
MFK Member
Jun 24, 2008
Land of sun
What's up brother? Still keeping cichla?
Not a whole lot my dude, college student these days. I wish, housing doesn't allow me to set anything worthwhile up. Got me looking at these vendors bringing in the creme of the crop for dirt cheap. Hurts to see, haha. Hope all is well with you, glad to see you around.

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Not a whole lot my dude, college student these days. I wish, housing doesn't allow me to set anything worthwhile up. Got me looking at these vendors bringing in the creme of the crop for dirt cheap. Hurts to see, haha. Hope all is well with you, glad to see you around.
Ahh, when it all over, it will be worth it.

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I also agree, this Cichla section has slowed and the Cichla industry in general is slow..... I was literally just talking to Jeff Rapps about this last week. To me this is a good thing, it's time to weed out the BS so-called Cichla collectors that go and buy up fish just to turn around and re-sell/flip them for a higher price. The ones that lie about being wild caught, mis-label the species, and buy the fish just because it's the cool thing to do, and show off when they have no intention to raise the fish in the first place. I will always have some Cichla....always. I remember back in predatoryfish.net days (before MFK, WW, PFK) when just having a quality pair of Monoculus was Just as good as having some Orinocensis. A bunch of people have made the Cichla game into a fashion show, popularity contest of some sort.... so I say this is a good thing. We will now see who really enjoys Cichla and who just wanted to jump on the bandwagon for a ride. I appreciate all the guys keeping Cichla because they enjoy the species and not their popularity. That's my 2 cents and now I will fade away back into the shadows.... Good fish keeping.
I take it you are from the old predatoryfish.net days? I remember that board. Remember how crazy folks were going over piranha back then. Miss those days. Not the same anymore.

Reactions: RuckusLV
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store