What eartheater?

Claytonc

Feeder Fish
Aug 29, 2016
Can anyone name any species I can keep in a planted 75 with cardinal tetras, pencils, and bolivian pair? Actually any non apisto new world that might not snack on the Cardinals? Also I am very fond of my mikrogeophagus pairs but something with a tad more color? I only say no apistos because they reside in most of my other tanks. Thanks!

JK47

Retired MFK Admin
MFK Member
Aug 4, 2008
Washington
Something different that in my opinion would be awesome are some of the drawf Crenicichla species. They would not mess with your plants. Aside from that if you want stick to Geophaginae, some of the Biotodoma species are cool and not too common. Not a ton of color through. Specific to Geophagus there are pindare, orange head Topajo and a few others that stay on the smaller side.

All of the above will eventually put a hurtin on you plants though.

Stanzzzz7

Silver Tier VIP
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2015
Uk
The only eartheaters i have kept that did not prey on tetras the size of cardinals were satanoperca pappaterra. I would imagine the other members from the satanoperca would be OK.
Stomach analysis of wild satanoperca only showed 3%fish in its diet. That's very low and probably consisted of scales from other dead fish.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store