Oddball tank Size stocking

mgrady21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2010
Indiana
Ok, been a while since I have been on here or even posted. I got out of the hobby but now I am jumping back in head first.. So I am about to purchase a 375 gallon tank and going to set it up freshwater. Took a while to find the right tank because of the way my house is set up I didn't exactly have a TON of extra space where I needed it so the tank was in a good location. So what I have found is a 375 Gal 60x30x48 acrylic tank. My question is stocking the thing. I was going to do a primarily predator type tank, aro, pbass, ray, ect. But now with such a small footprint but still a lot of water volume I am curios to know what I could do. I know aros and most likely rays are out ( yea I could probably keep a small ray pup for a year or 2 but not sure I want to do that). I would still like to do a pbass, maybe a lungfish or fire eel, definitely some dats and flagtails but I am curious to see what everything thinks. I'm not a big birchir kinda guy so I more likely than not will not entertain one of those. Let me know your thoughts! I do like the rare kinda oddball things not many people do but I don't want a tank full of 65 Africans or a bunch of plants and things like that

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
You can buy some mini marbles and a jardini would be fine. You can also keep a fire eel with that and datnoids. I hear flagtails are a hit or a miss and might nip at rays.

justarn

Arapaima
MFK Member
May 24, 2011
Kent UK
As above but jardini and dats is a gamble IMO, anything that doesn't sit on the bottom will be a target for a nasty jar.

Reactions: Renegade Aquatics

mgrady21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2010
Indiana
Yea that's what I am having a problem with is trying to figure out the levels. In a normal size tanks it isn't as hard, but 48" tall is a lot of space.

mgrady21

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jan 5, 2010
Indiana
Haha I just noticed the height. That's a tall tank.

Yea it's perfect for the area I need though. Would like to do a pbass but I won't be able to keep it full life. Also might do a flower horn if I find a decent one.

ehh

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2013
New Mexico
I've seen a +12" cichla in a 5' tank and the tank looked tiny. However the tank wasn't 30" wide haha. But the lengthy looked a little constricting.
But that's just me. I've never kept pbass.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store