Diff b/w Kamfa & King Kamfa

titanium

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Jul 7, 2014
India
www.petschennai.com
Hi Friends,

I need help from you all. I planning to buy a flowerhorn. Recently I visit aquarium shop near to my place. There are lot of varieties available in that Shop. I would like to know the difference between Kamfa, King Kamfa and Classic Kamfa.

Kamfa, King Kamfa and Classic Kamfa Difference please.

Thanks in Advance,

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
They can call it whatever they like honestly I've seen many names for it. Look at the stickies it will help you

FadedFishScale

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 27, 2015
Kamfa are flowerhorn crossed with, but not limited to, any other syn based cichlid or hybrid. Kamfa are considered kamfa from the initial cross (flowerhorn x ??). Kamfa is not really a strain name but a general name for unspecified flowerhorn crosses.

The difference between the names kamfa and classic kamfa is the word "classic". "Classic" usually implies first generation cross or F1. It really depends on what the breeder/supplier wants to call their strain.

King Kamfa are a little different. They are still produced the same way but they are not F1's. King Kamfa are kamfa that have been bred back with flowerhorn over several generations to stabilize their color and pearl patterns. However, there are breeders out there who are unaware of the difference and use the name "King Kamfa" as a marketing ploy. So buyer beware!

Do you eventually plan on breeding? If so then stay away from kamfa, king kamfa and classic kamfa. Their males are infertile 95% of the time. If you do want to breed kamfa, use a flowerhorn male and a kamfa female. Still though, their outcome fry will have fertility issues.

Legu Gui

Gambusia
MFK Member
Aug 30, 2016
Philippines
Kamfas are not infertile, it just take longer for the male to be sexually mature, around 2-3 years. Compared to Zhen Zhous, which only take 7-10 months to mature. It is also one of the reason why kamfas/king kamfa are more expensive than ZZ. I know few kamfa breeders here in the Philippines. It is worth the wait, when breeding kamfa, they have the best color, 2 tones/3 tones. And its a challenge to groom a kamfa than a ZZ

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Kamfas are not infertile, it just take longer for the male to be sexually mature, around 2-3 years. Compared to Zhen Zhous, which only take 7-10 months to mature. It is also one of the reason why kamfas/king kamfa are more expensive than ZZ. I know few kamfa breeders here in the Philippines. It is worth the wait, when breeding kamfa, they have the best color, 2 tones/3 tones. And its a challenge to groom a kamfa than a ZZ
I been trying for two years for my Kamfa. We'll see lol he shooting blanks so far

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store