New monster jag pair!

Tsdamian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2016
Wollongong Nsw
So I "jagged" this pair yesterday for $140, proven and have bread before. (No pun intended)
Male is around 21cm and female around 17cm
Have them seperated right now cause the male is abit of a psycho (as expected)
Only question I have is what's the best thing to feed them? I have chopped up squid I feed to my oscars and I was thinking of giving them that? They won't eat my chichlid gold pellets
Also do the do better with or without gravel? I prefer bare bottom for obvious reasons

Here they are
Male Left female right

image.jpeg

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
agreed, break to the pellets, nothing better than quality pellets for them,

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
nice pair by the way, :)

Tsdamian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2016
Wollongong Nsw
Alright sweet I'll pellet the **** out of them
This is the tank after I took the divider out and put some sand, cinder block, driftwood and rocks in, hopefully she will just stay in her hole and the won't punch on

image.jpeg

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
they're nice, but i would have laughed at the store selling them for that price, honestly. People GIVE fish like that away simply cuz they can't handle them. They're stunning, but just remember for next time - rescue something and don't encourage pet stores to charge ridiculous prices for something they got for free

Tsdamian

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
Jul 2, 2016
Wollongong Nsw
I agree mate only problem is I've never even SEEN a jag before I've seen these two, checked pet shops, AUS version of Craigslist and everything, best thing I've gotten from my local lfs is my GB fader flowerhorn and even that was overpriced, nothing special comes out of my area, that's why I'm forced to pay those prices lol

Reactions: Frank Castle

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
I agree mate only problem is I've never even SEEN a jag before I've seen these two, checked pet shops, AUS version of Craigslist and everything, best thing I've gotten from my local lfs is my GB fader flowerhorn and even that was overpriced, nothing special comes out of my area, that's why I'm forced to pay those prices lol
Even for this pair of jags I had to travel to Sydney which is around 70km away from my area
oooooh, that makes a HUGE difference, i didn't realize (or i forgot) you were in Australia.......forget my previous post then. You're actually lucky to have Jags at all in Australia.....i'm surprised they are allowed since they can colonize and adapt to many areas they are not native to. Australia's climate would be great for Jags in the wild, i'm sure.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store