Fish vitamins

KMAC5

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
May 1, 2014
Texas
I'm looking to continue to improve my fish's diet and overall health. Would vitamins be a good way to do so? I'm thinking one that you can soak pellets and or mix with frozen cubes? What brand do you guys use?

nzafi

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Mar 14, 2008
USA
I use vitachem. When I thaw out my food I then add some drops to it and let it sit. Best approach is a varied diet including pellets where possible, plus the vitamins. Some folks swear by it and some don't bother though.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
For frozen foods then best to soak in liquid vitamins overnight in refrigerator.
You should stick the brand that you can get anytime from any LFS or best to do online order a big bottle and save money in long run.

RD.

Gold Tier VIP
MFK Member
May 9, 2007
Northwest Canada
Overall a waste of money if one is feeding a high quality pellet food as a staple. For fresh/frozen food, Boyds Vitachem is one of the better vitamin supplements on the market.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
I don't give my fish vitamins and they are very healthy.
*Well, with Vitamins they are healthier :p
*I was skeptical about Vitamins and don't believe it does any goods for my live stock.
*One day! I decided to do a test for my own good. Like usual I fed my Tess fresh/frozen food for 1 month then I used same type of foods and soaked it in vitamins overnight before give it to my tess and the result very please me :) My tess look nicer in color, look way bulkier, muscular and its get hungry a lot faster too...I knew I spend more money on foods hehehe.

Reactions: CarpCharacin

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Ga
Does Seachem Garlic Guard help?
Folks using garlic to boost their live stock immune system and trying to get some of their picky eater stock to eat or boost up its eating habit. It's not a pure concentrated vitamins.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I use vitachem when I remember to buy it, otherwise I make homemade gel food with my pellets and my fish are quite fine lol.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store