12x8x8

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
If each one lasts around two weeks then that's around over a years worth.
Yeah it would be 14 months, the beauty of having anything in 30''s is however many days one will last is equal to how many months all of them will last. And convict360 convict360
it's based off 1bps running 12 hours a day which is overkill so really you could get a day or two more out of ome running 8 hours only so you could expect around 17 months if you buy 30 and use the one provided[/USER]

Last edited:

convict360

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 9, 2013
Scotland
Yeah it would be 14 months, the beauty of having anything in 30''s is however many days one will last is equal to how many months all of them will last. And C convict 30 it's based off 1bps running 12 hours a day which is overkill so really you could get a day or two more out of ome running 8 hours only so you could expect around 17 months if you buy 30 and use the one provided
I won't argue on the maths, as it's late over here; but here's a real life example.

I ran a 420g sodastream canister, on my tank; at a rate of 3bps, for 6 hours a day. Around the 30 day mark, the canister would run dry; maybe give or take even a week extra.

So roughly 14-15g co2 per day. Adjusting this slightly, and trying to compensate for the difference in bubble rate and time, I'd reckon you'd get 2-3 days out of a 16g canister, if you are lucky.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
What bps would I need a 16g at to be able to run it all day and not turn it off? The tank will be a 15 gal, and I'll be using low light plants, so I'm assuming they also consume less c02. Could be wrong there.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
I won't argue on the maths, as it's late over here; but here's a real life example.

I ran a 420g sodastream canister, on my tank; at a rate of 3bps, for 6 hours a day. Around the 30 day mark, the canister would run dry; maybe give or take even a week extra.

So roughly 14-15g co2 per day. Adjusting this slightly, and trying to compensate for the difference in bubble rate and time, I'd reckon you'd get 2-3 days out of a 16g canister, if you are lucky.
Well if someone actually does something and has proven results I think it tells something so given my real life example for whats being talked about its being proven effective. Take it as you will but I have been running fluval 20g mini for a while now on a few different nano setups and at this rate the CO2 canisters will last me at least until the end of the year. In comparison I refilled my 20lb co2 tank with regulator and solenoid shut off valve every 6 months for around $15 a refill and a $250 start up fee. Now granted it was running many more bps but for the price and ease of use you can't knock the fluval 20g.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
What bps would I need a 16g at to be able to run it all day and not turn it off? The tank will be a 15 gal, and I'll be using low light plants, so I'm assuming they also consume less c02. Could be wrong there.
Still do 1bps if running all day but expect the life to half so 7 months or so out of 30 canisters. If running 24/7 there will be a high co2 concentration over night so don't gas fish.

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Still do 1bps if running all day but expect the life to half so 7 months or so out of 30 canisters. If running 24/7 there will be a high co2 concentration over night so don't gas fish.
The reason I ask is because I'm rather forgetful, and I may not turn off on certain nights.

Lepisosteus

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
May 20, 2014
Ontario, Canada
The reason I ask is because I'm rather forgetful, and I may not turn off on certain nights.
Turn it off when you can if you do forget though not the biggest deal just dont gas the fish. Make it part of your schedule, turn on in the morning turn off after buoy feed fish at night or something. Starts becoming routine

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Turn it off when you can if you do forget though not the biggest deal just dont gas the fish. Make it part of your schedule, turn on in the morning turn off after buoy feed fish at night or something. Starts becoming routine
So about 1 bps at 12-14hrs?

Angelphish

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Georgia
Fat Homer Fat Homer How often should I feed the puffers and what should I feed them? I was thinking one cube of bloodworms between the four of them and they can graze on snails for the rest of the day.

Fat Homer

Mmmmm... Doughnuts
Staff member
MFK Member
Mar 16, 2009
----
^ i take it we are talking about dwarf puffers???

In which case, yeah 1 cube will most likely be enough between the 4 of them... Feed every day to every other day should be fine...

Reactions: Angelphish
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store