Upgrading tank size advise.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Got it for $150. The tank was up and running up until I got it yesterday. The tank is 12 years old and was professionally re-sealed 3 years ago. Got it home and filled up in my carport to leak test it, but I'm still nervous for some reason. I didn't know it had been re sealed until I picked it up. He didn't mention that during our discussions. I had already driven 1 1/2 hr to get it, and he had already moved all his corals and fish/crab etc. So I felt obligated. Is resealed bad, I mean I know people do it, but how often? Am I just being a nervous nelly? I've never had a tank this big, I'm just picturing a flooded living room. Also, it's really warm where I live so how can you really tell a small leak from evapration. I know look for water, but there was dew this morning on everything. I'm hoping all is dry when I get home from work today. How many days is sufficient for testing? Thanks. And feel free to tease me, I know I'm a nervous nelly. Just looking for a little reassurance and tips.
test for a week or to and see how it goes then.

dan518

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 20, 2014
uk
A reseal is a good thing, should be good for at least 20 years if professionaly done, I would test for 2 days should be enough. I am always nervous of new tanks and stands for a few days

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
So, just for confirmation. This is a leak right? It's getting wet under the tank along back edge and droplets of water appear between glass and bottom braces. I can't find where exactly it's leaking from. Condensation wouldn't do this would it????image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Could be a leak. Is there a lid on it? My lid runs water down the sides of the tank if i disturb it, if not most likely a leak

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Ok got the smaller aquarium moved! It was an ordeal, the large Rubbermaid container I got for the holding tank leaked. Ugh. Bad luck! But they are all moved so construction can begin for the big tank! image.jpeg temporary home until the big one is ready! More to updates to follow :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store