Turn Laptop into Streaming Security Cam

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
So long story short. Random guy came to house giving free quotes for window n roofing. My dad ask for business card. Guy said he was running short on them n didnt give my dad one. Said he can come back tmrw since he was working on another house tmrw. My dad tells him he b at work tmrw. Guy didnt even give a company name. FML. Now I have to b home all day this week just in case. In the meantime does anyone no how to Turn Laptop in Streaming Security Cam?

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
He is probably harmless but yeah I did this on a ghetto old laptop. I had an external webcam for it yes it's that old lol and I downloaded this software for free forgot the name it's been a long time. It records and puts on a loop and you can set how many days it can override it.

Google would tell you more. I personally use a hard wired security camera around my property.

Best security system is a big dog or a 9mm

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Thekid

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 18, 2014
Land of corn

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
44 mag and a tv left on so they leave is better , make sure back doors and other doors and windows r locked

Tig Phish

Aimara
MFK Member
Sep 4, 2015
Deez Nutz
He is probably harmless but yeah I did this on a ghetto old laptop. I had an external webcam for it yes it's that old lol and I downloaded this software for free forgot the name it's been a long time. It records and puts on a loop and you can set how many days it can override it.

Google would tell you more. I personally use a hard wired security camera around my property.

Best security system is a big dog or a 9mm
Thanks, I actually installed AtHome app on my phone n laptop n ipad. So I can stream from my ipad n laptop to my phone, n thers motion activation that automatically records n notifies me of movement. That n I also just bought some magnet door alarms, so if doors r open an alarm goes off. N I plan to visit my local police department tmrw n notify them of this so hopefully they can send a police car driving by my house every once in a while.

44 mag and a tv left on so they leave is better , make sure back doors and other doors and windows r locked
Yeah thinking of trying the tv on trick.

Ihsnshaik

Giant Snakehead
MFK Member
Aug 20, 2015
Windy CIty
Thanks, I actually installed AtHome app on my phone n laptop n ipad. So I can stream from my ipad n laptop to my phone, n thers motion activation that automatically records n notifies me of movement. That n I also just bought some magnet door alarms, so if doors r open an alarm goes off. N I plan to visit my local police department tmrw n notify them of this so hopefully they can send a police car driving by my house every once in a while.

Yeah thinking of trying the tv on trick.
Checked out the app I might get it I have a busted iphone 4 but camera still works I'll use it to monitor my breeding pair since her tube is down.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Also hide laptop, it is one of the most stolen items, do not hide it under bed they often look their first

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Lock all doors and windows then borrow some of Frank's snakes :)

There are streaming and recording apps for laptops. Just dont know the name

Wailua Boy

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 2, 2015
Hawaii
I really don't think dogs are the greatest security deterrent as hardened criminals can poison dogs in backyards pretty easily. I have heard of people releasing other aggressive dogs that can occupy dogs while houses are robbed also.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Dogs r kind of hit or miss, at a car lot once they just shot the poor dogs then stole a couple wheels and stereos, I also heard of a business in India where they let Cobras lose every night

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store