Platinum Red Tail Cat vs Monster Bullfrog

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
And by "the price is to" your liking..

You won't want one anymore at that point. Cause it'll be cheap because it's everywhere, which ruins the point for alot of people, and if you don't want one bad enough you're seeking one out now. Then.. It'll legit be mainstream at a fish store before "the price is to your liking". Which means it's cool at that point, but not as cool as someone who spent a car to buy one early.

Cheat sheet. You can buy a albino channel cat. Looks pretty similar in the face. Eats everything. Gets big. Is like $10.
Haha I missed this one,guess I am still a little sleepy.
Yes,"if the price is to my liking" that is the determining factor when I purchase a fish,heck it should be everybody's but I'm talking about me.If I wasn't clear enough in my other post I said I wanted a RTC not an albino channel cat....a white one and I used the term "white" because none of those morphs or grades or levels or whatever mean anything to me...but it sure would be great if I found one for ten bucks LMAO!
.....and another thing,I don't and never have bought fish because they were perceived by others to be "cool" at a particular time.It's all about what is cool to me.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Haha I missed this one,guess I am still a little sleepy.
Yes,"if the price is to my liking" that is the determining factor when I purchase a fish,heck it should be everybody's but I'm talking about me.If I wasn't clear enough in my other post I said I wanted a RTC not an albino channel cat....a white one and I used the term "white" because none of those morphs or grades or levels or whatever mean anything to me...but it sure would be great if I found one for ten bucks LMAO!
.....and another thing,I don't and never have bought fish because they were perceived by others to be "cool" at a particular time.It's all about what is cool to me.
Same here. I do show off my fish but i get what i like and what i want. I could get a rhom piranha or an electric eel (this is in theory) cause they are cool but i dont really like them.

I love my african knives, not the most pretty fish but they interact with me and are fun to watch, so i got them.... you dont need arapaima to be a good fishkeeper

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
I love my african knives, not the most pretty fish but they interact with me and are fun to watch, so i got them.... you dont need arapaima to be a good fishkeeper
I have an African knife too.....Papyrocranus afer lol.I'll have to gey some photos for you.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I have an African knife too.....Papyrocranus afer lol.I'll have to gey some photos for you.
THATS THE ONE I REALLY WANT PICS PICS PICS!!!

lol, that is high on my list of want to get one day fish!

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
THATS THE ONE I REALLY WANT PICS PICS PICS!!!

lol, that is high on my list of want to get one day fish!
The afer has always been my favorite knife fish,hope you can eventually find one.
Best I can get with my phone right now.It is almost two feet long and constantly moves back and forth.
20160901_131916.jpg ,20160901_131920.jpg

Reactions: Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
The afer has always been my favorite knife fish,hope you can eventually find one.
Best I can get with my phone right now.It is almost two feet long and constantly moves back and forth.
View attachment 1202362 ,View attachment 1202363
cool, i saw some google pics.I am loving the african knives, so cute and they come check you out if you come to the tank, what size tank is this fine specimen in?

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
It shares a 180 gallon tank with a few of my dats.

Reactions: Hendre
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store