Please Need Help As Soon AS possible ( FlowerHorn Eyes )

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
First off...

Melafix and Pimafix are NOT meds you can use to cure anything, they are garbage and at best used as a supplement to your water....

Get maracyn...its a popeye medication that works well.

Clean water is your next best route.

the animal guy

Arapaima
MFK Member
Aug 23, 2009
First off...

Melafix and Pimafix are NOT meds you can use to cure anything, they are garbage and at best used as a supplement to your water....

Get maracyn...its a popeye medication that works well.

Clean water is your next best route.
First off nothing :)
I know the inexperienced will say this. I've heard it before. But Pimafix saved my fish's life while other meds couldn't in one particular illness. And that was my experience. Sorry it didn't work for U. I must have done it right as it took a few failure meds. Pimafix is light potency but it's something.

And I agree get popeye meds

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
First off nothing :)
I know the inexperienced will say this. I've heard it before. But Pimafix saved my fish's life while other meds couldn't in one particular illness. And that was my experience. Sorry it didn't work for U. I must have done it right as it took a few failure meds. Pimafix is light potency but it's something.

And I agree get popeye meds
So...I'm inexperienced because I, as well as most of the experts on this site, say that pimafix and melafix are virtually useless except as a supplemental addition to a real treatment? That's pretentious of you lol.

Again, pimafix and melafix are essentially herbalistic oils that may be good as a supplement but completely wasted as a treatment.

Culebras

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Southern Illinois
I've never used pimafix, but Melafix is 99% distilled water and 1 % Tea tree oil (meluca oil)... so yeah, Melafix is just distilled water and tea tree oil. I have always looked at it like a supplement as well. I don't look at it as the cure per se, but helps with aiding healing of skin related wounds. I use it occasionally in conjunction with water changes. Water changes and good clean water parameters usually are one of the biggest things to help a sick fish recover, or even just preventing alot of problems period. Clean water will help keep your fish healthy and keep their immune system up to par, and also will help to reduce chances of bacterial/fungal infections. It's super basic common sense, but sometimes people overlook/fail to keep pristine water conditions/parameters. Overstocking/overcrowding is another common mistake people make. This also adds stress to the fish(which can lower their immunity and some people even say can bring on outbreaks of ich), a bigger bioload(this has the obvious problem of more waste introduced into the environment which increases the chance for bad water parameters and things like ammonia spikes to happen.)

I know i'm soapboxing and constantly repeating the point of water changes/good clean water parameters, but it's because it is SO important and such an easy fix for preventing problems in the first place and also helping fish recover when a probelm does happen.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store