900 gallon possibility - stock list?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Wow, that's a massive tank! Sweet build as well.

Perhaps I will keep the silver dollars (lower the numbers a bit though, perhaps to 18 rather than 24), all of the cichlids, and the arowana. No cichla in the 900 gallon. Then, just the henleis and castexis in the tank (8 square feet per ray). Sound good?

EDIT: forgot the catfish. What about 5 ageneiosus cats and a pair or jaguar cats?

Any other suggestions for an amazon fish? I might tie a cichla tank into this with some kind of larger cat (think tig, juruense, bolt, vulture, etc).

Last edited:

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Here's a new idea, please help me complete and critique:

5 rays (thinking 3 black rays [probably hens] and 2 "others" [castexis, slight possibility of orbs])
7 bass (2 kelbs, 3 orinos, 2 azuls)
1 black arowana
2 tigrinus catfish
Group of 6 cichlids (either severums or geos)
Pair of pike cichlids (zebrinas)

Perhaps some uarus could be added, or some true parrots or another type of SA/CA cichlid. Thoughts on that list? Suggestions for individual species?

Last edited:

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
Here's a new idea, please help me complete and critique:

5 rays (thinking 3 black rays [probably hens] and 2 "others" [castexis, slight possibility of orbs])
7 bass (2 kelbs, 3 orinos, 2 azuls)
1 black arowana
2 tigrinus catfish
Group of 6 cichlids (either severums or geos)
Pair of pike cichlids (zebrinas)

Perhaps some uarus could be added, or some true parrots or another type of SA/CA cichlid. Thoughts on that list? Suggestions for individual species?
I'm sorry to say, but you don't even have the tank built yet. Instead of making a stock list you should be working on a tank...I hate to say, but this is turning into most of the posts you make, you always make these stock lists and it drags on and then it never happens

Just my opinion which I hope you understand. Not trying to put you down, I would love to see this tank be built, but this is becoming repetitive

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store