Ever seen a Gymnothorax javanicus?

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
I had 40B saltwater already up and running, fully cycled (This 40B is home of a Peacock Mantis Shrimp) but I don't want to setup another tank bigger than 40B to grow out the grouper. :p
Hmm, I dunno how long one would last in a 40 gallon :) they grow quickly, mostly depends on how much you feed and you'll be tempted to feed that cute little fish as much as it can eat. And believe me they can eat A LOT of food :D

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Hmm, I dunno how long one would last in a 40 gallon :) they grow quickly, mostly depends on how much you feed and you'll be tempted to feed that cute little fish as much as it can eat. And believe me they can eat A LOT of food :D
Yeah, that's why I don't want to raise one up in my 40B hehehe
Also, I don't really want to give up my Mantis Shrimp since no one else in my local own one LOL it's extremely rare and no LFS selling this species (I got mine cause its hid in a live rock order and I already had it for few years).

Oompa Loompa

Polypterus
MFK Member
Feb 6, 2016
Yeah, that's why I don't want to raise one up in my 40B hehehe
Also, I don't really want to give up my Mantis Shrimp since no one else in my local own one LOL it's extremely rare and no LFS selling this species (I got mine cause its hid in a live rock order and I already had it for few years).
What species?

LadAShark

Exodon
MFK Member
May 25, 2016
Peacock Mantis Shrimp "Odontodactylus scyllarus" (the one got bad rep breaking the tank glass with its hammer). :p
Get it a new tank and bam you can get whatever fish you want.

When in doubt, the answer is always either a bigger tank, another tank, or, occasionally, a species tank.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
Get it a new tank and bam you can get whatever fish you want.

When in doubt, the answer is always either a bigger tank, another tank, or, occasionally, a species tank.
I've been there and done that :)
I used to have like 5 or 6 tanks and all of them can not put together hahaha so I try not to go back that route, getting a grouper species to go along with my moray is a nice option but it's not required, speaking about my mantis shrimp...I found its died due to a failed molting process, I didn't see its came out of its cave for last few days and the water start giving out bad smell so I dig up the cave and found it dead. Now, I have an empty tank but I didn't decide to shut it down or raise something else in there yet.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store