My polys

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
Depends on the individual flag tails and the size of your tank. I had two together, around 9-10", got along for a while then the larger one started chasing the other, stressing it out. Sold it. The one I kept is now 12"+, and keeps my tank and driftwood clean. 6th Ave gets small ones sometimes, 3", $30.
I saw some at 6th ave. but when i see them they always chasing each other, lolz

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Grew out a 15" flag tail with my poly. They do keep the glass clean, but got rid of. Due to occasionally sucking the polys slime coat. It wasn't often though. Just didn't want to risk it.

Vancouver_98683

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Dec 29, 2010
Believe plecos are much worse. I've seen a common pleco tear up a endli at a lfs. White patches everywhere and all the soft finlets mostly gone.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I know it happens but I have yet to see any of my polys be hurt by my plecos. My bn plecos stick to the driftwood and lava rock in thier tanks rarely even see mine on the glass.

Sorry for the losses poly. How big was the gold dust in the end. We got em about the same time and mine is only up around 1/2 inch. so around 5 inches now but still slim no bulk to him. (lil bugger did take down one of my Rams tho.)

Polyaddict86

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
May 1, 2016
Yey bay bay
I know it happens but I have yet to see any of my polys be hurt by my plecos. My bn plecos stick to the driftwood and lava rock in thier tanks rarely even see mine on the glass.

Sorry for the losses poly. How big was the gold dust in the end. We got em about the same time and mine is only up around 1/2 inch. so around 5 inches now but still slim no bulk to him. (lil bugger did take down one of my Rams tho.)
I got mines to almost 6" but really skinny like a pencil, my palmas polli was around 7" but fat and still got eaten by my bigger guys.

altumangel

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 26, 2016
did u ever get a hold of toyin from rehoboth aquatics? been trying to get a hold of him but no luck

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store