Losing interest

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Yeah I had a similar situation with a young robin and my wiener dog, end result: I only released one robin out of the two bcuz my dog must of accidentally killed it.

CarpCharacin

Probation Member
Probation Member
Sep 20, 2014
Salt Lake City
My 2 jerseys I got probably bout a month later than the rest of my chickens, so I had to keep them separate at first since they were smaller. I introduced them to the rest of the chickens and they got pecked so I had to keep them separate for longer. They still get bullied by the other chickens. I have this white cochin that looks real cute and fluffy, but she is mean and she attacks the 2 jerseys :(

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
The yellow is hard to read but I tend to agree with what you say. Some chicken soup might help (sorry that was low was it not)(now my karma is in trouble)
ya I have zero idea why it quoted in yellow...lol

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I keep fish that i love an find interesting or nice to watch,i have lost a few hours of sleep to my knives evening habits.

Start with fish you like and move on to harder fish or more delicate when you think you are ready. I started my 70 gal as a basic gravel tank with some amazon swords (in a flourite basket) with anubias and java fern on Mopani wood. I have kept these 2 African knives of mine alive and healthy but territorial aggression is really starting to become a worry for me.

Next ill move onto a completely African themed tank in December, something i have wanted to do since i started keeping fish and feel i am now ready to start and maintain as well as possible with ferts, feeding, peat moss and 2 weekly WC

The Moral of my derail is: keep stuff you really love, but if you cant provide for them get something simpler or smaller that you can look after to the best of your ability

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
I keep fish that i love an find interesting or nice to watch,i have lost a few hours of sleep to my knives evening habits.

Start with fish you like and move on to harder fish or more delicate when you think you are ready. I started my 70 gal as a basic gravel tank with some amazon swords (in a flourite basket) with anubias and java fern on Mopani wood. I have kept these 2 African knives of mine alive and healthy but territorial aggression is really starting to become a worry for me.

Next ill move onto a completely African themed tank in December, something i have wanted to do since i started keeping fish and feel i am now ready to start and maintain as well as possible with ferts, feeding, peat moss and 2 weekly WC

The Moral of my derail is: keep stuff you really love, but if you cant provide for them get something simpler or smaller that you can look after to the best of your ability
I miss my African knife. I made the mistake of overcrowding my 150 African tank and lost him.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I miss my African knife. I made the mistake of overcrowding my 150 African tank and lost him.
Mine are charms and are both coloured differently and absoloute steals (4" and 5" for 6 and 7 USD), one light and the other dark. They are just a little too big for the other fish i have in mind. Definitely getting them again though

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Mine are charms and are both coloured differently and absoloute steals (4" and 5" for 6 and 7 USD), one light and the other dark. They are just a little too big for the other fish i have in mind. Definitely getting them again though
ya they are cheap over here too, usually in my state around 10 dollars. Mine was around 7" when he passed away on me so he at least got to see almost full size for his species lol. He would eat out of my hand, and NOTHING in my African tank eats out of my hand, except for Asian immigrants the clown loaches lol, I'd try to get my odoe to eat from my hand but something about getting nipped in the fingers is preventing that lol.

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
That's cool carp, do u ever have loss of chickens due to predators?
I haven't lost any chickens to predators. When my chickens were small, I had them inside. I originally had 2 rhode island reds, but they escaped into my mom's bedroom. I think my dog tried to pick one up, to bring it back to where we were keeping it in, but my dog accidentally injured it and it died. Both of the reds were there and my dog was licking the red that was still alive to try to comfort it. I was really sad about it.
that's impressive, we lose at least 1 a month to a predator. Generally raccoons but on one rare occasion I got to chase down a red fox with the worst case of mange I've ever seen after he grabbed a chicken in broad daylight. I thought he was a coyote at first, he was almost 100% hairless. Being the badass hunter I am I got him and saved the bird lol.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
ya they are cheap over here too, usually in my state around 10 dollars. Mine was around 7" when he passed away on me so he at least got to see almost full size for his species lol. He would eat out of my hand, and NOTHING in my African tank eats out of my hand, except for Asian immigrants the clown loaches lol, I'd try to get my odoe to eat from my hand but something about getting nipped in the fingers is preventing that lol.
Haha, they will eat bloodworm cubes from my hand but i inject most of it under the wood so that the cat can eat and the pink tail doesnt stuff himself.

that's impressive, we lose at least 1 a month to a predator. Generally raccoons but on one rare occasion I got to chase down a red fox with the worst case of mange I've ever seen after he grabbed a chicken in broad daylight. I thought he was a coyote at first, he was almost 100% hairless. Being the badass hunter I am I got him and saved the bird lol.
My one uncle lost a few goats to caracals. And then 6000USD of goats, his entire herd was stolen after they escaped the one night and no info on then has been found

predatorkeeper87

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2014
pennsylvania
Haha, they will eat bloodworm cubes from my hand but i inject most of it under the wood so that the cat can eat and the pink tail doesnt stuff himself.

My one uncle lost a few goats to caracals. And then 6000USD of goats, his entire herd was stolen after they escaped the one night and no info on then has been found
ya...raccoons, foxes and coyotes are bad enough...I don't need 35 pound cats attacking stuff too...I'd run out of ammo here lol...luckily the big cats we have aren't plentiful in my state.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store