Flowerhorn ID (Warrior FlowerHorn)

fhckg_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
So I picked up this 2-3ich flowerhorn at my local petstore it was labeled as a "warrior flowerhorn". I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it actually is. I'm thinking green maxtix or something..

IMG_0830.JPG IMG_0827.JPG IMG_0823.JPG

Reactions: Coggire

Culebras

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Dec 13, 2015
Southern Illinois
"Warrior" is just breeder's/seller's marketing term to sell the fish from what i understand. They are usually a zz/red dragon. I'm not up to snuff on all the different sub variants(because they are hybrids and alot of people make up names for their strain)...

But i think yours may be a thai silk FH cross with something else...possibly a mayan???(because of that spot near the tail, but iunno) That's just a stab in the dark.

Great looking fish regardless! post more pics and keep us updated!

Last edited:
Reactions: fhckg_

fhckg_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
"Warrior" is just breeder's/seller's marketing term to sell the fish from what i understand. They are usually a zz/red dragon. I'm not up to snuff on all the different sub variants(because they are hybrids and alot of people make up names for their strain)...

But i think yours may be a thai silk FH cross with something else...possibly a mayan???(because of that spot near the tail, but iunno) That's just a stab in the dark.

Great looking fish regardless! post more pics and keep us updated!
will definitely post updates in the coming weeks as he matures!

Reactions: Culebras

fhckg_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Heres another pic!
In this light he looks more green than blue.
For the most part he looks blue though!

IMG_0839.JPG

Reactions: Aqua Nut

ZhenZhu

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 12, 2016
Regarding kok it's based on his gene. Some flowerhorns looks good even without hump.Just wait till he grows out then you could see the difference.

fhckg_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Regarding kok it's based on his gene. Some flowerhorns looks good even without hump.Just wait till he grows out then you could see the difference.
yeah I feel like he's not going to grow the biggest kok, but i do hope he develops something substantial.

Reactions: ZhenZhu

fhckg_

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 23, 2016
Heres 2.5 months of growth!
I'm feeding Hakari cichlid god, Okiko, and once or twice a week bloodworms. Out of the pellets he prefers the Hakari.
IMG_0897.JPG IMG_0902.JPG

Reactions: Aqua Nut
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store