white but not stringy poop

reapertheoscar

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
I'm new to the forum but have been keeping fish since I can remember but recently I ordered fish I lost an albino oscar to an internal parasite once I seen the signs it was to late so I medicated the whole tank to make sure my other fish were good but now my jack dempsey who eats like a pig has a white to translucent poop he eats like a champ still his color is fine and he he isn't skinny and still chases fish out of his clay pot I do feed him frozen brine shrimp and hakari cichlid gold but he mows the brine shrimp down idk what could be causing the white poop. Brine shrimp? Internal parasite? Bloat? Or constipation I was hoping someone could help me out

Reactions: Flowerhorntx

Flowerhorntx

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Nov 18, 2015
You gotta buy Epsom salt from Walmart. And dissolve some in water then soak the pellets in the Epsom salt water,, this will clear up the internal parasite. I usually just fill a water bottle half way (with tank water!) and add good amount of salt and shake it up... Good luck

reapertheoscar

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 28, 2016
Good news today after more white poop there was brown after it after treating with seachem focus

Reactions: tlindsey

bOOsteN aUdI

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Apr 1, 2005
East Coast
Dose your tank with Prazipro to be in the safe side

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store