post your biggest catches....

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
A certain member here mentioned taking cabrilla from Mexico, I just want to remind this person that that is highly illegal

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
That's no excuse to be greedy
Well unless you are trying to make a living off it take what you eat and release the rest. Thats what i did when i went on a charter in a lagoon (massive one )

HEX805

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
A certain member here mentioned taking cabrilla from Mexico, I just want to remind this person that that is highly illegal
Taking Cabrilla from Mexico is not illegal please do some research before making false allegations.

HEX805

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
Also why don't saltwater fishermen ever seem to practice catch and release.
Saltwater fisherman often practice catch and release. Obviously you can not do that while spearfishing and I only take what my family is going to eat while selecting only the best game fish that I come across. Spearfishing is one of the most sustainable forms of fishing as there is absolutely no by catch as opposed to Rod and Reel fisherman or especially commercial fisherman. It is also ones right to provide from the fish we catch as long as we follow the rules and regulations. It is such a special thing to go out to the islands and bring back some quality fish that were not farm raised in cramped conditions that were treated with hormones and antibiotics so you, your family, and friends can enjoy.

Reactions: Dloks and Hendre

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Saltwater fisherman often practice catch and release, obviously you can not do that while spearfishing and I only take what my family is going to eat. Spearfishing is one of the most sustainable forms of fishing as there is absolutely no by catch as opposed to Rod and Reel fisherman or especially commercial fisherman. It is also ones right to provide from the fish we catch as long as we follow the rules and regulations. It is such a special thing to go out to the islands and bring back some quality fish that were not farm raised in cramped conditions that were treated with hormones and antibiotics so you, your family, and friends can enjoy.
on that, I plan on farming fish one day but being cramped is part of being commercially produced, and antibiotics + hormones are not necessary if you look after your water properly unless you are breeding or treating. UV and skimming are good things

HEX805

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jul 24, 2016
on that, I plan on farming fish one day but being cramped is part of being commercially produced, and antibiotics + hormones are not necessary if you look after your water properly unless you are breeding or treating. UV and skimming are good things
Are you planning to farm fish for consumption? That is totally your right but commercial farming of fish for human consumption is not ideal as they are often treated with growth hormones and antibiotics just like chickens are. I personally would not eat farmed fish, I like all natural wild caught fish free range if you will. Good for you though if you're doing it as a business as long as you follow your states regulations it doesn't bother me, I won't be one of your customers though ;) haha good luck man.

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Are you planning to farm fish for consumption? That is totally your right but commercial farming of fish for human consumption is not ideal as they are often treated with growth hormones and antibiotics just like chickens are. I personally would not eat farmed fish, I like all natural wild caught fish free range if you will. Good for you though if you're doing it as a business as long as you follow your states regulations it doesn't bother me, I won't be one of your customers though ;) haha good luck man.
well im only 14 so ill see where it is then. most operations here do not use hormones.

having natural fish is just like free range chicken i guess, everyone has their preferences

Reactions: Wailua Boy
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store