Do we like the whats in the bag game?

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
lol, yes the problem is they look similar.

Tapahua
Lol yeah. That's why I didn't bother to post the mixteco blues as part of this...pretty much the same thing :)

The second bag has H. Labridens media luna...been wanting these for a loooooong time :D

Reactions: cichlidfish

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
Lol yeah. That's why I didn't bother to post the mixteco blues as part of this...pretty much the same thing :)

The second bag has H. Labridens media luna...been wanting these for a loooooong time :D
I guess my guessing paid off lol.

I was thinking labridens, but I believe they are no longer herichthys, but nosferatu along w/ bartoni. There were still a few other herichthys I could have guess, but was pretty certain they weren't caprintis or deppii.
I hope you post pics of these guys, especially when settled in. These are all some of my favorite species.

Reactions: Jason_S

Jason_S

Polypterus
MFK Member
Oct 5, 2005
Indianapolis, IN USA
I guess my guessing paid off lol.

I was thinking labridens, but I believe they are no longer herichthys, but nosferatu along w/ bartoni. There were still a few other herichthys I could have guess, but was pretty certain they weren't caprintis or deppii.
I hope you post pics of these guys, especially when settled in. These are all some of my favorite species.
ahh...sorry about that. I'd been out of the hobby for several years and they've done quite a bit of reclassification that I haven't gotten completely caught up on yet. :)

Yeah I definitely plan on keeping a photo journal of their progression. Heterospilus and yellow labridens were both on my "dream" list. Now to get another young group of festae, some ornatum, atromaculatum, all of the other Thorichthys species, at least 3 Amphilophus species, an umbee, a jag, red tiger mota, escondido carpintis and if anyone ever gets them available, herichthys steindachneri...

*sigh* I need more tanks...lol

Reactions: cichlidfish

cichlidfish

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jun 18, 2005
ahh...sorry about that. I'd been out of the hobby for several years and they've done quite a bit of reclassification that I haven't gotten completely caught up on yet. :)

Yeah I definitely plan on keeping a photo journal of their progression. Heterospilus and yellow labridens were both on my "dream" list. Now to get another young group of festae, some ornatum, atromaculatum, all of the other Thorichthys species, at least 3 Amphilophus species, an umbee, a jag, red tiger mota, escondido carpintis and if anyone ever gets them available, herichthys steindachneri...

*sigh* I need more tanks...lol
Yeah the reclassification is hard to keep up with. This was done fairly recently and not even all vendors/LFS are caught up. I don't know them all either.
Those are all species I would like too. I am limited in space in my townhouse, but I am trying to clean out and organize my basement where I can add more tanks. I also have to install a sink for mainence. I just worry about how cold it can get in the winter. I may have to add insulation and drywall as well.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store