Is this tank a good or bad idea to get???

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Marineland used to make a similar top with a built in flter but for much smaller tanks.I suspect that filter will probably not be able to handle a decent bio load so I agree with the previous post.

Reactions: Achilles1763

Texas321

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 26, 2016
I would look around first. You can find a better deal somewhere rather then spending 1700 dollars.

Yuki Rihwa

Redtail Catfish
MFK Member
Jan 22, 2015
Asia
The filter on top of these tanks are a joke, it won't do it job unless you keep a tiny fish, the flow is weak and the most important part is the price, you WILL get better tank with much cheaper price compare to those cheap tank built made in China.

M@T!@$

Aimara
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2016
Vancouver
The filter on top of these tanks are a joke, it won't do it job unless you keep a tiny fish, the flow is weak and the most important part is the price, you WILL get better tank with much cheaper price compare to those cheap tank built made in China.
Yeah the overhead sump is pretty small

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
I have a 225g like that, the tank is not bad, pretty sure it a Boyu. Does sound expensive though. As said above, the built in filter is crap and you'll need one or two canisters. The lights are ok, but the flap in the lid is small and it's not easy to get to the bottom without removing the entire canopy, which is what I did with mine.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
I do agree that you are better off with a different filtration system, but it also depends on what you want to keep. Perhaps look at a tank/stand combo you want but look for something you can add your own filtration and lighting.

CL is good and all, and I'm sure you could have find one that's less expensive, but it won't compare to condition of a new tank. That's a consideration if care about how it looks sitting in your main living space (vs. a fish room).

Achilles1763

Piranha
MFK Member
Feb 15, 2016
UK
I figured I would add my 2 cents, I have had the exact same filter set up on a 55g... and it is bloody awful! Noisey, Smelly, useless and expensive to replace the pads.. I only had it running for 2-3 weeks before I ditched it and bought a canister filter which does the job much better. I cannot imagine how they think this would effectively filter a 200g... I have 2xFX6 on my 220g and there is no way the top filter and replicate that sort of filtration.

DN328

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 14, 2014
Fish Tank
Not to add the tank dimensions make it to be ~250gallons. A bit larger which potentially means more fish, fish bio...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store