Hello from the Hudson Valley area

GaryG.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Middletown NY
Hows's it going name is Gary from up state New York area. I am sort of a noob to the whole world of fish keeping ,but I have been reading for up to 2 years of what I would like to keep. we are looking into doing puffers, rays, and eels. Later on I am planning on building a touch tank for a special needs school in my area. My middle son has wanted to get into doing just plants on his own. so we have alot of plans and a long way to go.

Thanks in advance
Gary G.

kno4te

MFK Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
MFK Member
Dec 24, 2005
USA
Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: GaryG.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Welcome! Good species for a big touch tank: giraffe catfish, tiger salamander larvae, koi, and bluegill, just hand feed these critters for a while till they realize humans have the good stuff.

Reactions: GaryG.

GaryG.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Middletown NY
Thank you for the tips. I am going to try my hand at aquaponics and sell the veg off at the farmers market to fund the project . doing research now on the greenhouse and then i'm going to try and find help to build it. I have to check to see if i need a permit in my area . for some reason you need one for everthing..lol

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
Sounds good, aquaponics is awesome, so for the plants are u going typical vegetable route, fruit tree route, ornamental etc?

GaryG.

Feeder Fish
MFK Member
Sep 21, 2016
Middletown NY
going to start off with the basics veggies, some fruit , also spices .. just finished watching how a guy did mango and banana in a rock bed. the ratio I heard is the hardest part .. I will end up going to a workshop , but my son want to test things out with java ferns and other plants . I have been doing so much research it hurts my brain that today my wife was talking to me about do a fishtank in the office for puffers and eel tank that i lost focus on that and have been on this non stop. so i have to geet back to making my 3dbackground with a sandfall withthe eel tunnels built in.. as you can see I have A.D.D bad and note books everywhere ..lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store