Geo and EB Acara

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
I have 125g lightly planted tank with drift wood and lava rock hides. current stock is
1 Polyperus Delhzi
2 polypterus senegals
1 gold marble angel
1 Male EB acara
1 Male red hump geophagus
2 adult BN plecos
4-5 juvie plecos

In a couple weeks is my local fish clubs auction they will be getting the juvie plecos and the angel. At this point the Acara and geo get along famously they are both about 3.5 - 4 inches long. They swim together constantly almost like they are schooling. Which I find to be awsome However I would realy like to breed both of them.

So I am considering grabbing 2 females of each species to add to the tank. Since I have never kept either species before I fear the potential of classic cichlid aggression to rear its ugly head if breeding does occur. I figured I would ask advice here and see what you guys think.

Shall I go for it as they are typically less aggressive for cichlids?
Would doing so likely end in a blood bath?
Would the tank be too crowded?

The tank did house a solo Jack dempsey with my polys who passed from old age and is the bulk of my SA cichlid experience (did africans for a bit got tired of em going nuts on one another out of no where)
Thanks for looking.

Binge

Fire Eel
MFK Member
Jun 12, 2014
Ohio
Nice looking tank, lotta males in that gang tho. My main fear is breeding time. Gonna go for it tho sell off extra stuff this weekend at an auction so I will have the room i want.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store