Cichlids of Tanganyika

Tropical Joe

Candiru
MFK Member
Jan 12, 2014
Queens NY
Does any one know where to buy super nice Cichlids from lake Tanganyika ?? I am looking for nice size fish as well. Most places have small specimens. For example Frontosa, Compressiceps, Leleupi,and Lampologus Trtrocephaius. I am looking for a place in or near Queens NY or if there is nothing how about mail order ?? Any suggestions would really help. Thanks MFK members--

Fisher...

Exodon
MFK Member
Sep 12, 2016
Mn
I'd keep an eye on aquabid, I've seen some really nice tank raised fish on there and pretty much everybody ships now-a-days.

zendog

Feeder Fish
Sep 29, 2016
Dave's is great, but I would suggest SI Cichlids as a local option for you, which I'm pretty sure is in Staten Island. I've had fish shipped from him and they've been great. I get the feeling he runs this out of his house and it came from him being in the hobby and just expanding to import, breed, sell, etc.

Since I just signed up it won't let me post a link, but if you Google for SI Cichlids you'll find the site.

The pricelist is totally out of date and I think most of his business is word of mouth, but Tony is well worth tracking down if you're in the area. I'm pretty sure he has a day job, so give him some time to resond. Prices were great to.

Joseph Mitchell

Feeder Fish
Nov 11, 2016
Does any one know where to buy super nice Cichlids from lake Tanganyika ?? I am looking for nice size fish as well. Most places have small specimens. For example Frontosa, Compressiceps, Leleupi,and Lampologus Trtrocephaius. I am looking for a place in or near Queens NY or if there is nothing how about mail order ?? Any suggestions would really help. Thanks MFK members--
I get them from Live Fish Direct out of Draper UT and I live in the Bronx. They have an excellent assortment of Cichlids. Check out there website and tell me what you think. Hope this helps.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store