Official Off Topic Discussion Thread #1

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
hello; Don't be surprised if the home owner gets some sort of legal "charge". I have "heard" of folks who have robbed many times setting booby traps inside the home. The stories go that the traps work and injure the burglar and that the home owner winds up either sued or charged. Thieves have rights even when they trespass or break in to steal according to some.
At least here in Tennessee I do not have to retreat from a thief. No climbing out a window to give a thief free run of my home when they break in.
Yes,those points were brought up as well and it is incredible that somewhere out there a homeowner actually has to escape and leave his home if a burglar invades,if he wants to stay on the right side of the law.If an intruder darkens an owner's threshhold and enters uninvited then that intruder should be fare game for lead poisoning.....everywhere in this country.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
its the stand your ground law, and the home is a castle law. you break in my house here i can shoot you, period.

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
its the stand your ground law, and the home is a castle law. you break in my house here i can shoot you, period.
Same here as long as the intruder does not turn around to flee.....shoot him in the back and all bets are off.It should not be that way.

pops

Alligator Gar
MFK Member
Nov 24, 2013
WA
The point of being armed is to stop threat and protect ones property, if the person is fleeing there is no longer a threat. to you or your property. Keep in mind you are under no obligation to for warn, you see him first and shoot you are with in your rights.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

krichardson

Bronze Tier VIP
MFK Member
Jun 19, 2006
Datnoid Island
Yeah I understand all of that and I would rather the intruder not be able to run away only to come back and try again another day.

Deadliestviper7

The Necromancer
MFK Member
Aug 6, 2016
There was a case where a guy was robbing a house then fell out the window, he sued the homeowners and won. So stupid. On the other hand a guy rigged his Halloween pumpkins with m80s , when vandals came to destroy stuff for the 3rd time that week they got a trick, not a treat.:)

Warborg

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 2, 2009
Austin, Texas
Charged...oh my gosh,on the forum where I first saw the clip the thread broke out into a multi page argument over the proper usage of the word electrocute after one member noted that the guy was not electrocuted because he was not injured or killed lol.
Here's what I found:

e·lec·tro·cute
(ĭ-lĕk′trə-kyo͞ot′)tr.v. e·lec·tro·cut·ed, e·lec·tro·cut·ing, e·lec·tro·cutes 1. To kill with electricity:
Simple Definition of electrocute
  • : to kill (a person or animal) by electric shock
and lastly,

e·lec·tro·cute
əˈlektrəˌkyo͞ot/
verb
past tense: electrocuted; past participle: electrocuted
injure or kill someone by electric shock.
The first 2 say kill(ed) only. the last one includes injured. Based on this information...I would have to agree with him.

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Watt? Get ohmed

Kittiee Katt

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Aug 1, 2015
My House!
Yes,those points were brought up as well and it is incredible that somewhere out there a homeowner actually has to escape and leave his home if a burglar invades,if he wants to stay on the right side of the law.If an intruder darkens an owner's threshhold and enters uninvited then that intruder should be fare game for lead poisoning.....everywhere in this country.
I'm pretty sure the law here is to let the burglar have what they want and prey you have h&c insurance through a nice company. If you hurt them you're the one in trouble. However I believe the law is a little different if they try to hurt you. Not 100% though.

I think people should have the right to defend their homes and family, isn't it kind of instinct to do so?

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
Yea. In south africa you can threaten or detain them with a firearm. If your life is in danger then you can fight back

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store