Paretroplus Menarambo, Dambabe, Maculatus, Nourissati & Paratilapia

JasonsPlecosCichlids

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Jan 23, 2010
Kentucky
jasonsplecoscichlids.com
Here is my Madagascar Tank.

I'm waiting on two more Nourissati's, these guys are beautiful. I have one Maculatus and for some reason the Nour's don't like him so he is in another tank for the time being. I'm not sure why though because the Dambabe's are bigger. Today I got a Madagascar Rainbow, but only one. There was two there last week and I forgot to get them so now looking for a few more. There are several Paratilapia's in there too.

I had what I thought was a breeding pair of Paratilapia's but the male attacked the female and she passed last night. They were both digging like crazy, fanning each other, etc. Not sure what happened.

I can't wait for the Pinstripes to grow, they are my fav.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Awesome tank. Madagascans are pretty hard to come by these days, I got some Paretroplus Nourissati and Ptychochromis Oligacanthus recently from Daves Fish and they're fantastic fish.

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
Do Madagascans generally like subdued lighting like this?

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Here is my Madagascar Tank.

I'm waiting on two more Nourissati's, these guys are beautiful. I have one Maculatus and for some reason the Nour's don't like him so he is in another tank for the time being. I'm not sure why though because the Dambabe's are bigger. Today I got a Madagascar Rainbow, but only one. There was two there last week and I forgot to get them so now looking for a few more. There are several Paratilapia's in there too.

I had what I thought was a breeding pair of Paratilapia's but the male attacked the female and she passed last night. They were both digging like crazy, fanning each other, etc. Not sure what happened.

I can't wait for the Pinstripes to grow, they are my fav.

May I ask where you get your paretroplus menarambo from? Myself and another guy are looking to raise them in Minnesota and get them out here but haven't had any luck finding any through anyone. I use to have a nice group a few years back but ended up selling when I temporarily had to shut the tanks down.

duanes

MFK Moderators
Staff member
MFK Member
Jun 7, 2007
Isla Taboga Panama via Milwaukee
If you are from Minnesota, you should find and check with Bob R, from the Minnesota Aquarium club. Not sure what he's specializing in now, but he's had many Paretroplus going back at least the last decade. Almost 10 years ago I traded some Paretroplus nourisatti for some of his P kieneri. And I believe he had menerambo way back then in his tanks.

FishKing5

Aimara
MFK Member
Oct 24, 2013
United States
Ya I know Bob pretty well and he no longer has any. Sounds like he's looking into getting some though and might even be heading up to Canada to pick some up. Hoping he does, I'd love to get some again and breed them and get them to people around here.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store