Good morning from a growing EBJD

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
You inspired me to try the Electric blues again, as soon as I move I think I'm going to order some from Jeff Rapps along with a UV sanitizer canister. One of my favorites but I've had terrible luck with them.

Reactions: Brittanirdh

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Looking good. I hope mine turns out that blue, he's getting there.

Regarding the background, I would paint it black. Not a fan of the coral motif.

Reactions: Brittanirdh

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Looking good. I hope mine turns out that blue, he's getting there.
Regarding the background, I would paint it black. Not a fan of the coral motif.
We had black and it looked a bit boring. I don't really like the coral (husbands pick).
Don't want to paint bc I can't see while syphoning. Access for cleaning is in the back room since its in the wall. Hanging cloth backgrounds so easily changeable. image.jpeg
Rocked the skeletons for a bit. We will eventually find a keeper. :)

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
Lol. At least you guys are having some fun with it. I'd still go solid black. The background isn't supposed to be interesting, it's the stuff in front of it that matters.

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Lol. At least you guys are having some fun with it. I'd still go solid black. The background isn't supposed to be interesting, it's the stuff in front of it that matters.
Ha ha yeah.
Went a little crazy at the fabric store. They were having a sale today. Lol
Picked up three more back drops...image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: Alexxxxsv14

kewpiefishypewpie

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 21, 2016
That dark red looks very cool, contrasts nicely with the EBJD

adamsfishes

Aimara
MFK Member
Jan 31, 2016
I vote for the first one. The 3rd looks like a 19th century northern European painting.

But why settle on one when you can easily change it to suit your mood? :D

Brittanirdh

Jack Dempsey
MFK Member
May 15, 2016
TN
Question:
Someone mentioned to me I may have gotten lucky and have a very genetically sound EBJD bc he/she is growing so quickly and its temperament is more aggressive than most EBJD, closer to a regular JD. They also suggested I should try and breed him. I have never on purpose bred anything. I have danios that spawn like crazy and I sucked some up at a water change and have been raising in a fry tank, but that is my extent of baby fish raising/breeding.
I'm going to do a lot of reading on this before I even think about trying this, but any advise would be appreciated!!!
I have an empty 55 gallon would that be sufficient size for the couple if I did attempt or would I need larger? How do you go about finding a true blue gene to pair it with? And is there any way to sex the one I have now?
Thanks guys!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store