Few questions on Arapaima.

Roberto G

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Costa Rica
If you pay close attention to the video you'll be able to see my Pima's first colored spot on its tail, it's a very bright orange spot, many seem to be forming as well but haven't colored yet. The scales are also gaining a red-ish green coloration as they approach to the tail.

I hope my Pima turns out to be more of an orange coloration than a red.

jwh

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 7, 2015
south ****holia
Growing nicely, you'll need to start on that lake soon...

Roberto G

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Costa Rica
Here's some photos I took yesterday, the Arapaima is still growing quite fast and gaining some good weight making it look really healthy and thick.

IMG_20160929_195423.jpg IMG_20160929_200407.jpg

And here's a photo of a small Silver Aro I bought so it can keep some company to the Pima, I'm used to building biotopes and understanding the relationships between fishes from a same geological location and it's amazing to see how the Arapaima and the Arowana go SO well together and feel extremely natural living in the same aquarium. Please have in mind both of this fishes are still small enough to live in a fish tank and not large enough to be transfered to a lake, I KNOW 250gal isn't enough for this two fishes to live together for a long time.

IMG_20160928_180150.jpg

I'll upload a video soon.

Roberto G

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Costa Rica
Here's another video for you people!

Roberto G

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Costa Rica
So when r we gonna see this lake / pond? Gonna be pretty sweet, what dale u gonna be putting in it
We're currently under some heavy rains here in Costa Rica, I'll wait until december so the dry season start and then the construction will be way easier. And what are you trying to mean with the "dale"?

Rghfor

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Jul 17, 2015
We're currently under some heavy rains here in Costa Rica, I'll wait until december so the dry season start and then the construction will be way easier. And what are you trying to mean with the "dale"?
Typo. Meant what else will be put with him ?

Roberto G

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Mar 12, 2008
Costa Rica
Here's some video for you, it's finally starting to rain less here in Costa Rica so I'll probably build the lake soon, anyways, the arapaima is still really comfortable in it's big tank.

Cheers,

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store