Nightcrawler/earthworm

lightsout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Amazon
How long can they remain the tank before getting bad? Trying to get my motoro to eat and not sure if i should leave it in overnight

FishyTJ

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2016
How long can they remain the tank before getting bad? Trying to get my motoro to eat and not sure if i should leave it in overnight
I would leave it in overnight but only one worm cut up. I just went through this stage, he/she will start to warm up to eating them and in the dark is when most eat

Reactions: lightsout

lightsout

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Apr 9, 2015
Amazon
I would leave it in overnight but only one worm cut up. I just went through this stage, he/she will start to warm up to eating them and in the dark is when most eat
Hes about 6". Seems big enough to eat one whole, think i should still cut them into pieces?

FishyTJ

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2016
mine is the same size, im not a ray expert just speaking from personal experiences. but nightcrawlers tend to stay alive for a while and the movement spooked mine when he was biting it, so i cut it up to lessen that

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
I believe worms can survive In water for several weeks aslong they are provided with some oxygen in the water but the will suffocate at some point

Hendre

Bawitius
Staff member
MFK Member
Jan 14, 2016
South Africa
I believe worms can survive In water for several weeks aslong they are provided with some oxygen in the water but the will suffocate at some point
Yep, i found an earthworm that had recently died in the tank that was put in a month prior

FishyTJ

Exodon
MFK Member
Aug 31, 2016
i
Just get some live freshwater mussels and Snails to get them eating,
when feeding live mussels do you leave shell on? my LFS was telling me about a customer who had a 3 year old mbu and the shell blocked off his digestion and eventually caused him to burst

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store