Show Your Parachromis!

terrors r us

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
Edmonton,Canada
It's not a big deal, just that after going thru 42 pages a person might appreciate quality not quantity, lol, all good, you have some amazing fish!!!!!!!
on a side note, I just got some baby golden jags from Rapps... any idea if they hold the golden color till adult?

Reactions: Frank Castle

terrors r us

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Feb 23, 2006
Edmonton,Canada
It's not a big deal, just that after going thru 42 pages a person might appreciate quality not quantity, lol, all good, you have some amazing fish!!!!!!!
on a side note, I just got some baby golden jags from Rapps... any idea if they hold the golden color till adult?

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
IDK man, I never owned a Golden, and i'm still arguing w/ myself whether I like them or not.....i'm more into natural colorations. But yea, thanx for the compliments, I know people are gonna feel how they feel about not-perfect or lousy pix, but I just had a concussion, I might end up w/ CTE and I been up and walking around for about 3 days after a month I don't even remember, and taking pictures of my fish seemed to be the best form of physical therapy I could think of....hands are constantly shaking so my shot typically suck, i'm just thankful I can still walk and talk and do stuff. Taking these pics is the most I've done in a month.

thank you for the compliments, I love my fish too

that_fish_Guy

Peacock Bass
MFK Member
Jul 29, 2013
CA
Costa Ricans are the ones with BLUE fins, right?
Nicaraguan and Costa Rican both have blue finnage. I would say that Nicaraguan have a more extended body and are less tall bodied while Costa Rican are more stalky short and tall...they both can be pretty colorful...I find that Nicaraguan have more of a purple hue to them while Costa Rican tend to have more of a golden hue to them. Each have blue finnage and each color up really well....some also say Costa Rican have more of a pointed jawline while Nicaraguan have more of a rounded jawline.

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Nicaraguan and Costa Rican both have blue finnage. I would say that Nicaraguan have a more extended body and are less tall bodied while Costa Rican are more stalky short and tall...they both can be pretty colorful...I find that Nicaraguan have more of a purple hue to them while Costa Rican tend to have more of a golden hue to them. Each have blue finnage and each color up really well....some also say Costa Rican have more of a pointed jawline while Nicaraguan have more of a rounded jawline.
so what do you think this guy is, or is 4" to early to tell?

There are some more pics of him a few 1 or 2 pages back, better pics, but he is a few months younger

http://www.monsterfishkeepers.com/forums/threads/show-your-parachromis.517947/page-41#post-7596893

Frank Castle

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Jan 10, 2016
Pennsylvannia
Isn't there also a 3rd locale from Panama or Honduras or is that Jaguars that have a 3rd locale? Am I thinking Guatemalan Jaguars??

duanes duanes Andy woods cichlids uk Andy woods cichlids uk dan518 dan518 MP_cichlid MP_cichlid

EDIT: hmmm, apparently they BOTH have 3 different locales......

So there's NO Parachromis in Panama at ALL???

Last edited:

cich78

Goliath Tigerfish
MFK Member
Sep 8, 2005
new york
Your mota looks like he is coming along nicely...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store