This fire eel ain't eating =/

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
I had a few fire eels before n never had a problem feedings them..
This one is 12 inches got it from a lfs 2 weeks ago they said he was on blood worms
He always chilling between some driftwood n digging under the sand
I tried blood worms black worms cut up raw shrimp n scallops n nothing I want to try earthworms but can't find one spot that sells them
Ever other fish eating like champs...
any suggestions?

Reactions: Deadliestviper7

Fish Tank Travis

Potamotrygon
MFK Member
Feb 28, 2016
Dayton, OH
If you have another tank you can put it in by itself temporarily, try that and see if it will eat the frozen bloodworms then. They can be quite skittish and the other fish might be spooking him too much to come out and eat.

Reactions: OrandaAva

FriedFlowerHornFillet

Piranha
MFK Member
Aug 26, 2014
Toledo Ohio
if he's not touching the blackworms I doubt earthworms will make a difference. Are they live blackworms? He might be on a late night schedule too. Maybe try throwing some ghost shrimp in there.

Keemofish4ever

Blue Tier VIP
MFK Member
Oct 20, 2015
The Car
if he's not touching the blackworms I doubt earthworms will make a difference. Are they live blackworms? He might be on a late night schedule too. Maybe try throwing some ghost shrimp in there.

Actually he love earthworms now.. like too the point where he wont stop eating them if there was a unlimited amount of them haha

Cosmic_surfer

Plecostomus
MFK Member
Oct 9, 2014
Lincoln, NE
Fire eels are definitely picky eaters... next step is to go get some frozen shrimp and cut it into pieces. Eventually you can blend the frozen shrimp and a pellet of your choice and the fire eel will gladly accept it... never knowing he was eating healthy

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store